• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dumb idea

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I should NOT have looked at Okemo web cams! Looks like a good day, even though by now only the main mountain is open. Change of seasons seems harder this year, maybe because the skiing continues.

Oh well, it's almost sailing season. And I do have to be here tomorrow to show my boat that is for sale. :cool:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And I just got an email from Wachusett saying they are going for one last weekend. Not saying that I would trade last weekend at Sunday River (I had a blast) for one slushy morning at Wawa, but I am a little bummed that I tweaked my knee last weekend. Dr. said x-rays show no damage to anything, but to continue the "cautious regimen." Hmmph. I could have done without the email from Wawa.

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We returned my kids’ ski and boot rentals last weekend and I just saw that Belleayre got almost a foot on April 7. It’s painful.

We spend every weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day at the beach and there are six weeks from now until that season kicks off. I’m not sure how I will make it ‘til then.

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have friends who live in Ludlow and yes, the conditions are still lovely! It’s been dipping below freezing at night and the grooming team is fantastic. I believe they mostly closed parts of the mountain to save $$$ Grooming and running lifts

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just got back from Alta. Shouldn't keep looking at the weather forecasts for this week. But I have friends who are there skiing powder starting today and into the weekend. <sigh>

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Abbi, it's been a really good week. Sorry you haven't been here to enjoy it.

I just couldn't justify extending my rental (at a higher rate, I'm sure) when I had things that needed to be done here. But IF I were still in town, I would have been there daily! It's been looking really good! Take some runs for me!!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We returned my kids’ ski and boot rentals last weekend and I just saw that Belleayre got almost a foot on April 7. It’s painful.

We spend every weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day at the beach and there are six weeks from now until that season kicks off. I’m not sure how I will make it ‘til then.

Oh boy do I understand that waiting for the next season thing! Right now it's getting one boat sold and staying on everyone working on the other boat so she can go in the water. So at least I have that. Now late October and November before I go north ...... not inspiring at all.

Jilly

Staff member
I hope I'm heading to Tremblant to move my stuff out of the condo. It's closing weekend. There is no talk of extension with the construction work needed to start ASAP.

What about the projected 7" of snow this weekend?

Here at home we're expecting 2" of freezing rain and/or ice pellets. If it starts before Friday noon, I'm stuck here!

newboots

Angel Diva
Here at home we're expecting 2" of freezing rain and/or ice pellets.

We are expecting something similar. Oh well. I have been putting off taxes for skiing for far too many great days! Perhaps the r**n and freezing r**n will keep me inside and get them finished!

Jilly

Staff member
I've decided to be a responsible adult and stay home. From the looks of the weather I might not be able to get home from Tremblant till Tuesday. That doesn't work for my work. So I'll stay home, clean the house, pack some boxes and price the inventory!

Oh, and Tremblant extended the season for one more weekend.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My friend outside SLC was on FB this morning moaning that it was a powder day at Snowbird and she had to work. Auuuugh!

marzNC

Angel Diva
My friend outside SLC was on FB this morning moaning that it was a powder day at Snowbird and she had to work. Auuuugh!
Hmm, which is worse . . . being 30 minutes from snowy slopes with other responsibilities or having some time flexibility but a plane ride away? :frown:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna