• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dry Winter Woes

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
It's going to be 50 at the places I ski in Wisconsin on Sunday. I was hoping to go up there next weekend but I'm not feeling great that even with snowmaking, the trails will be in shape worth driving just under 3 hours to get to...
@Amie H - granite will be getting about 6” this week to cover up the yuck. And also, it was SO COLD on Saturday, I’m going to guess that even 50 didn’t warm the snow up that much.

Amie H

Angel Diva
@Amie H - granite will be getting about 6” this week to cover up the yuck. And also, it was SO COLD on Saturday, I’m going to guess that even 50 didn’t warm the snow up that much.
I saw yesterday that Whitecap / UP resorts are getting 10"-15" minimum today- Wednesday. That means by Thursday PM roads should be ok to drive up there. My boss was crabby today & I didn't have the guts to ask for Friday off, so my current plan is drive to Wausau after work Fri and ski @ Granite for the 5-9pm $25 ticket. Then drive to Whitecap in the A.M (2 hrs 15 min North.) Ski Saturday, back to Wausau for dinner/relaxing, then home Sunday.
Plan might change if I can get Fri off.
I wanna get in that UP powder, though, somehow!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I was kvetching to @ski diva yesterday that it will rain on Sunday, the day of my return to Vermont, after one of the best snow weeks this season occurred while I was away. Imagine my pleasant surprise to see that Monday’s forecast has now changed:
74D737DC-8A42-402A-99BF-A322F83E3A32.jpeg
Fingers crossed this sticks. Miracle March please!!

newboots

Angel Diva
There is a glimmer of light here at Stowe. Three to five fell on Friday, and IIRC a little more on Saturday. A couple inches on Sunday (snow squalls) evening. Yesterday light snow fell almost all day. It was supposed to stop, but we woke up to five more inches of fluff!

I feel lucky to be able to ski in this! If only my hips would cooperate!

76132D96-0AA7-42D1-BEED-31308DEBE4BB.jpeg

It was easier to stop here than on one of those trails with soft bumps everywhere.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
There is a glimmer of light here at Stowe. Three to five fell on Friday, and IIRC a little more on Saturday. A couple inches on Sunday (snow squalls) evening. Yesterday light snow fell almost all day. It was supposed to stop, but we woke up to five more inches of fluff!
MRG got 25” in this last snow cycle. Sigh. Lol.

Tvan

Angel Diva

I feel lucky to be able to ski in this! If only my hips would cooperate!

View attachment 18187

It was easier to stop here than on one of those trails with soft bumps everywhere.
Looks like the Toll Road?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was kvetching to @ski diva yesterday that it will rain on Sunday, the day of my return to Vermont, after one of the best snow weeks this season occurred while I was away. Imagine my pleasant surprise to see that Monday’s forecast has now changed:
View attachment 18185
Those of us hanging out in Vermont while you are out west are praying that it does not rain and ruin more snow but change to snow. Please, please, please!

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
View attachment 18185
Yes, sure hope so. Those evil Okemo slopes have knocked a few friends out for the season. Rain, melt, freeze, groom...that just hides ice.... I think she told me 12 people fell at the same spot while she waited for patrol. We need snow.....I'm doing a snow dance

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
FWIW, here in the middle, our Saturday forecast was changed from 50 and r**n to 60 and sunny. I don’t really know what this does for our snow, but at least not rain? Then wind on Sunday and snow on Monday?

Mother Nature got the medicinal gummies instead of the CBD ones, I think.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I saw this article and it really causes me some concern. Does anyone else see this as as concerning? I know I’m a nervous nelly, so I might be catastrophizing…but …

Western Water Woes
It's the #1 reason why I haven't bought a condo in Nevada even though there would be tax, recreatative, health (allergies) and weather benefits to do so.
I love Reno so much, as well as a number of other towns throughout the state but living near one of the largest freshwater sources in the world (Lake Michigan) gives me pause.
It's also disheartening that Phoenix has surpassed Philadelphia this year as 5th largest US city - they don't have water!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly