• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DPS 112s are stellar on powder days

backpackingmom

Certified Ski Diva
Hi Divas!

I thought I would post my experience with my new DPS 112 Yvette skis. Got them for a rocking deal (they are last years model) from Evo - still (D)amn (P)ricey (S)kis! but are they worth it? YES!!!

I am an advanced skier (not expert) - to be honest my skiing ability is inversely proportional to the trail rating - I am an expert on beginner runs and a beginner on expert runs haha! But seriously, I am inbetween an intermediate and expert so I will label myself as advanced.

With that being said, I only started skiing off piste and powder about 5 years ago. I was a groomer girl until I started to ski Montana resorts. I always struggled in powder. Some of that was not enough time on powder and some was technique.

Fast forward to today, and with these DPS skis, I have basically conquered powder and now I seek it at all times! They have a tremendous float and short turn radius. They also perform decent on trail. I went from struggling to ski powder to jamming down the freshies with decent form! They are also really light skis, but can hold an edge on groomers and on packed powder. On hardpack and icy conditions, they are a little chattery, so I prefer to use my Dynastar Chams (97 under) which are much heavier and slice thru the crud better.

My stats are:

5' 3"
117 lbs
Intermediate- Advanced skier

My powder ski stats are:
DPS 112 RP Yvette (2021 model)
Length: 158
Width : 112

Hope this helps anyone looking for powder skis. I know DPS skis are super expensive, but I have no regrets! Powder is no longer a challenge and struggle! I look forward to it now!

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome, the right skis for the conditions make such a difference. I have a few different powder skis but my Armada JJ's (115 underfoot) are my favourites. They're so much fun in soft snow and especially in powder - super nimble and have a 'get out of jail free' quality that comes in handy if you get over enthusiastic. Mine are a few years old now but I'm told that the newer versions are very similar (just putting that out there as they're a little less daunting cost-wise than DPS).

rivarunnamomma

Certified Ski Diva
I have skied DPS Yvettes for over 12 years now (3 different models) . I LOVE them and don't ever want anything different because you can't improve on perfection. :-) Floaty, light and quick to turn in tight places or trees, and decent on a groomer despite being so wide underfoot. I have them mounted with Fritschi Tectons for touring ... but they are also my daily driver in bounds given the amount of snow we get in Smithers, B.C. My latest set are bright PINK. Yes, they're pricey, but worth every single cent.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Agree that DPS makes great powder skis. Since I'm petite at 5'0", 110 pounds, the Zelda at 106 underfoot is what works well for me. I've skied the Yvette on deep powder days at Alta but prefer owning skis that can also handle groomers when necessary.

Hoping Alta will have the usual Demo Day in early April. DPS is always there.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Agree that DPS makes great powder skis. Since I'm petite at 5'0", 110 pounds, the Zelda at 106 underfoot is what works well for me. I've skied the Yvette on deep powder days at Alta but prefer owning skis that can also handle groomers when necessary.

Hoping Alta will have the usual Demo Day in early April. DPS is always there.
Hmm I might like to try those.... when will you be at Alta?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly