• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Double zipper woes

DvR

Certified Ski Diva
I just purchased a Kjus jacket on sale which has a double zipper which is giving me cause to return it because it’s hard to zip up. Ive never had one on a ski jacket and have done my homework how how to make sure the male pins are evenly inserted at the bottom and I should feel a click when this is done right. Is it normal for there to be a slight tug when pulling the zipper up? Kjus has been amazing and sent me out a second jacket to try but I’m just not sure. Any first hand experiences with they zips?

newboots

Angel Diva
We have one or two in the shop where I've been working that have funky zippers. Not exactly impossible, but not working right, either. I can't recall if they are doubles or not, but I was shocked, given what one pays for a Kjus.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You mean the kind of zipper that zips open from either end and has two zips, one facing up and one facing down? Love them. Never had a jacket without one until recently and it drives me crazy. I get in the car and the jacket goes up around my nose.

But that type of zipper is so common I think you must be talking about something else? Because I've never had an issue. Usually the zips have been pretty large toothed types, easy to see and grab.

DvR

Certified Ski Diva
Kjus jackets are being returned...zippers are just plain funky and shouldn’t be so difficult to operate especially on an expensive jacket. Kjus did say they’ve had some reports of the zippers and offered to repair the jacket should I decide to keep it. REPAIR?! Seriously, on a new jacket instead of offereing to replace it? No thanks.
Appreciate the posts!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Kjus jackets are being returned...zippers are just plain funky and shouldn’t be so difficult to operate especially on an expensive jacket. Kjus did say they’ve had some reports of the zippers and offered to repair the jacket should I decide to keep it. REPAIR?! Seriously, on a new jacket instead of offereing to replace it? No thanks.
Appreciate the posts!
Why not repair it? Replace the malfunctioning zipper with one that works? There is no repairing these kind of zipper problems; it is a mandatory zipper replacment. Most times you won't even know it's been repaired. I have done factory warranty repairs for Helly Hansen, Trew Gear and Descente.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna