• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dolomites

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never been to the Dolomites, but I really want to! How long were you there for and which villages did you visit?

SmuggsSkier

Certified Ski Diva
We stayed in LaVilla. Other villages in the area were Corvara, Colfusco, Arabba, and San Cassiano. The overall area is called Alta Badia. There are a number of ski areas (Val Gardena, Val Di Fassa) that you ski to, take a lift, ski some more, take another lift. We took about 40 lifts one day including every kind of lift you can imagine. A first for me was being drawn by horses as 20 skiers held onto a rope. That was a different kind of rope tow. We also skied in Cortina where I skied a black trail (most difficult trail in Europe) -- the steepest I've ever skied.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
On my bucket list to ski the dolomites.... skied the italian alps once with pre trip to Milan, skied for a week, then a post trip to Sorrento, Capri, Amalfi Coast..... 3 weeks and a fantastic vacation... that was 10 years ago!

SmuggsSkier

Certified Ski Diva
Here's a photo of the horse drawn rope tow. I'm in the black next to my partner in the blue jacket. The views in the Dolomites are amazing. It was great fun to ski from village to village, stop and have lunch along the way, and just enjoy the ambiance of the area.

Attachments

• a66398c7-98b5-4282-910e-a4e4e946d950.jpeg
    a66398c7-98b5-4282-910e-a4e4e946d950.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 30
  • PHOTO-2021-12-23-18-28-04 4.jpeg
    PHOTO-2021-12-23-18-28-04 4.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3944.jpeg
    IMG_3944.jpeg
    689 KB · Views: 28

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do you have any more photos? This looks INCREDIBLE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly