• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does your favorite mountain(s) have an app? Separate from Ikon or EpicMix

marzNC

Angel Diva
EpicMix has been around for a decade. The Ikon app keeps adding features. It seems as if many ski resorts of all sizes now have a resort-specific app. Does your home mountain have an app? Your favorite destination resorts?

I've downloaded a few resort apps in recent years but don't ski enough days at the same destination resort to really make use of one.

I went to look at the Snowbird website for another reason and their app was featured on the homepage. Turns out there's been an app since 2009. I assume it's evolved a lot since the first version.

https://www.snowbird.com/snowbird-app/

Snowbird also has a separate app specifically geared towards carpooling. RIDE may show up for other Powdr locations eventually.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2390376/snowbird-ride-share-app

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Taos has a smartphone app: Taos Ski Valley, Inc
There is also a town of Taos Visitor Guide.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yep I've had Epic Mix for several years..... Tracks vertical feet, photos, chairs ridden, about anything you want. However it's not perfect as found if I skied up to a chair and then changed my mind, Epic Mix would show I rode the chair.
One nice thing is in an emergency you can contact ski patrol very easily.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I vaguely remember downloading an app for Mammoth. But didn't really use it. There wasn't much terrain open by May when I was there for a few days a few years ago.

Jilly

Staff member
So the Ikon app doesn't work at all for Tremblant? I haven't done anything with the Ikon app except make reservations.

Nor Blue Mountain in Collingwood. Just doesn't work in Canada they said when I tried to download it. Don't know if it works at the partner resorts either.

COcanuck

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aspen/Snowmass has a great app, tracks ski days on all 4 mountains, vertical feet, has all the maps, tells you which runs and chairs are open and at what times. Also has discounts for app users ($15 food credit, $25 lesson credit and a rental credit). Talks about transportation options, tells you which parking areas are full. I think it's a pretty good one!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Killington has an app, though I haven't downloaded it yet. I plan to when I get over there.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jackson Hole has an app called the JH Insider that can be downloaded via the android or Iphone app store. Note: the parking availability is entered manually and at times does not reflect actual room in the parking lots.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Sugarbush has an app that I’ve used for a couple years. It’s actually pretty informative. They updated the interface recently and there’s a bunch of new buttons that make it easy to order take out, buy tickets and learn about the COVID restrictions. I hope they keep it instead of folding into the Ikon app.
CEEC2516-2CB4-486D-8990-FA8FBD95A966.jpg

marzNC

Angel Diva
Jackson Hole has an app called the JH Insider that can be downloaded via the android or Iphone app store. Note: the parking availability is entered manually and at times does not reflect actual room in the parking lots.
The JH app is pretty useful. Been looking at the grooming report in the mornings at breakfast. I didn't know that tracking works even with a phone in Airplane mode. Just need to turn on Tracking when on WiFi or cell data.

The tracking lists all the trails and lifts used, along with the usual stats like vertical. If you create a private Group of Friends, then will get a daily summary email that has a color coded list of trails skied by the group. Of course, an automated system can only do so much. The double-black on the list wasn't even open. We only skied a very short section of the traverse that leads to Expert Chutes on the way to some blue bumps.

(not all greens in the screen shot)
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 7.08.31 PM.png

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@marzNC so fun to see the results. I have never used the tracking app as I have to keep the majority of my cold phone battery viable through the end of the day for work/emergency use.

Very cool stats. With a pass and porbably even j card number there is also an option to at least track any RFID based lifts used on any given day.

Loved skiing with you yesterday!

:ski2:

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
My ski buddy has a a relatively new iPhone. He still had 75% battery both days, even with the JH app tracking the entire time.
There's an app called Ski Tracks that I use when I'm skiing. You can use it anywhere, and it tracks all your stats: distance, speed, altitude, etc, even draws you a nice little chart of your day's activity:

Attachments

• IMG_2DA7246E259A-1.jpeg
    IMG_2DA7246E259A-1.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 0

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's an app called Ski Tracks that I use when I'm skiing. You can use it anywhere, and it tracks all your stats: distance, speed, altitude, etc, even draws you a nice little chart of your day's activity:
I like ski tracks as it only uses the sat tracker and all.other functions can be off while preserving battery. Unfortunately it does not tell me which lifts. But for those who want that the resort app is great. I do prefer the Ski Tracks app.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm more interested in up-to-date info and notifications from a resort than skiing stats. Finding out the wait time for lifts or if a lift is off wind hold is one of the features I think could be very useful. That's why I'm willing to download a resort app and set up an account. For basic info like weather conditions, I can always check the Snow Conditions webpage using a browser without having to create an account.

Another feature I notice is the status of parking lots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly