• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does the way women dress mean we're taken less seriously as skiers?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We're at counter-counter-counter-offer standing at $23. $8 shipping. No returns. I have a pink jacket--what say you? I am a serious skier, so if this is too ugly, I don't want it.

View attachment 13620
Did you get these plaid pants?

Because of this thread I looked daily at the eBay pant selection. I was looking for something rather specific, and never found it, but found something interesting that was close but too high for me. I made a low-ball offer, got an unsatisfactory counter-offer, and just today declined it with no counter-offer. I'll see if this seller comes back to me with a second counter-offer. I'll buy if the total cost including shipping is under $40. Not more.

This season I won't be teaching so I won't have to wear black ski pants. I'd like to take advantage of the opportunity, but not at ski shop prices.

Last edited:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This morning I've stumbled upon a new idea about how to get some skiing in this season. There's a tiny ski hill 45 minutes from my house. They now have updated their website and seem to be in business. They have cheeep day tickets ($25/35) and are not planning on selling season passes. I could drive over there and work on ballet skiing. I've always wanted to do one-legged spins and so forth. That could turn their gentle terrain and very short runs into fun terrain for me.

And if I can snag a pair of print ski pants that I like on eBay, I could dress for fun instead of wearing my usual black ski pants and instructor jacket. I already have a neon pink ski jacket :becky:.

New idea, HECK YEAH!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did not get those pants. #1, I don't really need them, because the pink jacket/light blue pants are still one of my favorite ski outfits ("sparks joy"), and #2, I'd have to shorten them, which would likely cost more than the pants themselves.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna