• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does anyone wear stretch ski pants these days?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Those ^ look great. Outdoor Research Cirque pants are similar, maybe a little more stretch. They're soft-shell and very comfortable.

Reactions: AJM

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Apparently wool ski pants aren't fully a thing of the past. I'd be curious to see these IRL (and on deep discount!) More of a light ski day then straight to apres pant?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Apparently wool ski pants aren't fully a thing of the past. I'd be curious to see these IRL (and on deep discount!) More of a light ski day then straight to apres pant?

100% merino with a water-resistant coating added to make them "light rain" repellent.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

Curious about how wind resistant these are.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't been able to find any reviews on any of the Shell+ items. There are a few short write ups from when they came out last year, but those only mention that they are innovative for being made from a plastic free fabric. One of them did say something about highly wind resistant, but who knows what that really means. Icebreaker has free returns-- any volunteers to buy a pair and stand in front of a fan? :wink:

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well who would've thought Icebreaker would branch out into outerwear ! The pants look a little weird to me with those pockets though but I like the concept :thumbsup:

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Its interesting, matching shell also - wish it was made in colors other than black and orange...... for when its on MooseJaw/ SC/STP in a few years..... I like the cut on the Jacket BUT note the models for Jacket and Pants are 5'9" 23 in. waist or 5'10" 24 in. waist.... for a size small.

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
What do you have for waterproof pants when you're skiing in a blizzard? You see a lot of Frauenschuh in Austria.....

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
What do you have for waterproof pants when you're skiing in a blizzard? You see a lot of Frauenschuh in Austria.....
I wear any Frauenshuh or Authier. They are all super well made and warm. In fact, I was wearing my other Frauenschuh today. It snowed all day and it was windy and cold.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I wear any Frauenshuh or Authier. They are all super well made and warm. In fact, I was wearing my other Frauenschuh today. It snowed all day and it was windy and cold.
Good you're skiing Colorado and not Tahoe..... snow - never rain mixed w snow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly