• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does anyone have a quiver... of poles??

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It started when I bought my 2006 Burnin Luvs, a couple of days later I found the K2 Royal Shaft poles - yellow with flowers and ladybirds. They are probably the only pair in Australia, and people always comment on them, as well as locking up my skis, I lock my poles too!

Now I have a brand new pair of 2007 Lottas, I realised my poles won't match very well, so I've just ordered a pair of K2 5-Karat poles... should arrive in a couple of weeks.

Does anyone else have poles to match each pair of skis, or am I crazy??

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry no pole quivers.:eek:
I have a basic set of poles but am looking for something a bit higher tech for the upcoming season.
Of course Philomena has ideas of what I should get.

So I'll have two sets if I follow through.:smile:

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not crazy. Those K2 poles are great. I admired them for a long time in the ski shop. The grip fit perfectly, finally! Ultimately I passed but they are nice poles.

teachski

Certified Ski Diva
Does 5 pair count as a Quiver? ;)
I have Rossi ones that match my Bandits, another pair of black and red Rossi Poles, another pair of black and gold Rossi poles, a pair of cheap poles I picked up when I forgot to bring poles ( Bonni was using these poles when I bent hers...that's another story though) and a brand new pair of Goode poles.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
teachski said:
You are a sick sick woman.

Who on earth needs multiples of anything to ski. Why, I can't believe the extravagance of owning more than one set of poles and one set of skis.:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have one pair of old poles I bought at a ski swap for $5.00. They were day-glow orange and lime green and wild fuschia. I taped stripes around them, then spray painted them black. Then took off the tape. I have black/orange/green/fuschia poles now. No one in their right mind would take them. I can always find them in the stack. The black paint is scraping off, revealing spots of wild color everywhere. I love them.

At the same ski swap this year I'll be looking for curved poles that fit around my body. I want them for when I race. Probably not necessary, and I may be embarrassed to use them if my times are slow, but I want them anyway.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
liquidfeet said:
At the same ski swap this year I'll be looking for curved poles that fit around my body.

I have a pair of those too, the last pair of aluminium poles I owned, someone fell on me and they got a bit bent.

:p

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The 5-Karats arrived at the door yesterday, they are gorgeous, the perfect match for my new Lotta's. I can't wait to use them, and the new skis of course!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
But of course!

How can you say you have a quiver without including poles???? :D

Scott aluminum poles for teaching (if they get stolen, who cares?)
Goode carbon poles for skiing (circa 1998 and going strong! :smile: )
Swix GS poles (too long for anything but racing)
Scott SL poles (just found at the ski swap for $20 - the hand guards alone are $35-55!)

Jilly

Staff member
I'm just wondering when you find time for the Hobie?? And I'd call that a quiver of bikes too!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jilly, be warned, volklgirl is almost as crazy about some thing that I am and more crazy in other things.
BTW, What's with the blow boat in your putfile?

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
teachski said:
I have Rossi ones that match my Bandits, another pair of black and red Rossi Poles, another pair of black and gold Rossi poles, a pair of cheap poles I picked up when I forgot to bring poles ( Bonni was using these poles when I bent hers...that's another story though) and a brand new pair of Goode poles.

And I thought saving samples of Creme de la Mer for apres-ski skin care was over the top! You girls are true divas! matching poles to skis. I like the concept.

Okay, now I can admit, I bought a pair of Bogner pants this July. On sale, of course, 50% off. They fit right, felt right and fit the budget for an insulated ski pant!

Now, I am going to get new poles. Been thinking about it. I want something that fits my occasionally aching hands better. Got a bit of arthritis in the fingers and right wrist.
Thanks for the inspiriation.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jilly,

It was quite a toss-up this summer. I was super lucky to have a neighbor put in a dock 1 1/2 blocks away who let me dock the Hobie there. I could literally carry my sails down and be on the water 1/2 hour after I got home from work. Any night with winds over 10mph you'd find me out there. Monday nights I was obligated to ride with my training group and weekends I rode with hubby and fam. The saying 'too many toys and too little time' really applies to me. After dark, if it wasn't too hot, I'd be on the in-line skates too! (god, you'd think I'd be 100 lbs )

Jilly

Staff member
I can put our sea-doo's in Lake Ontario in 20 min from home. Or in the Bay of Quinte in about 5 minutes. Hubby and I kinda keep the toys to minimums. Just sold 2 pairs of skis and 1 pair of boots at the local swap. So now we each have 1 pair of skis and boots. But there seems to be alot of poles in the garage I noticed. But most are only 1/2 pair. You never know when you might need a walking stick!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna