• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does anyone else here ski and snowboard?

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Totally lurking on this thread because my whole experience of snowboarding is towing my friend! I had to google split boards. Amazing!

Grizzla

Certified Ski Diva
Hi. I'm a reasonable ( not expert) UK skier and took up boarding also a few years ago. Not a spring chicken and, boy, it hurt! I'm now at the not falling over too often stage, and do really enjoy it: when the snow's soft it's a real toss-up as to whether I ride the board or skis.
I find that a lot of my skiing techniques or body awareness aspects swap over into boarding, although it's also totally different. I also like to ride like a skier, feet and knees in line, lots of unweighting and knee bending.
The real difference to me is that I can analyse the technical aspects of how to ski, and I can train and practise them. Snowboarding is totally instinct. I can't explain what I do, just react. Maybe that's why it's fun and skiing often feels more serious ( though also fun and addictive).
My only downside is that in the UK there's a lot of ( often far from smooth or easy) drag lifts and very few chairlifts, and I find drag lifts very tiring on a board.
Mind you, getting off chairlifts..? Position Hubby to one side of me (also on a board) and grab his sleeve until chair well left behind. Works for me :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly