• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does anyone do martial arts?

jumperlass

Certified Ski Diva
My karate classes have been closed for the last year—it’s a very contact-based style—but I’m hoping they will reopen this summer. Does anyone here enjoy martial arts? When my son invited me to join his class, I was surprised at how much I loved it. I’m finding the emphasis on balance and flexibility is useful in my skiing, too.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes! I've done some form of Martial arts for at least half of my life. Taekwondo off and on -- a year here a couple years there, and have done various types of swordsmanship for the last decade. I haven't been to class in almost a year either. It feels strange. Classes are running but life for me has been super busy. Ive been taking winters off for skiing and then last summer during the height of covid I bought a house thats further away from my class . And its been absolutely busy at work. So I'm not sure If I will go back to class this summer, especially if masks are required. All events tournaments and seminars have been cancelled. There will be a spring seminar next month for our biannual seminars but it will all be on zoom...I'm not sure how they're gonna do a sword thing virtually but I guess I'll find out soon. Martial art classes are actually how I got into skiing. One of my classmates taught me how! There are so many principles in the arts that can be carried over to skiing. He said I learned fast probably because of the previous training.

jumperlass

Certified Ski Diva
@racetiger that puts you ahead of me. I was only a year into karate when lockdown cut classes off. I’m still hoping to resume this summer. Some area dojos are open for a mix of in person and remote classes, but I haven’t wanted to switch styles/schools yet.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Same here...some are all the way open, some are just doing virtual or very distanced limited attendance classes. Theres an MMA place right down the street from me that Im waiting for them to open up the womens kickboxing and yoga classes. I dont get it though as theyre running the regular jujitsu classes.....I dont know how much contact they're allowing though.
We did classes outside when it was warm out last summer until it got too hot and by then I had to stop attending because of work and the house purchase.. I loved that as I love the bare feet on the grass and of course theres plenty of space for us to move around distanced. Theres just something about training outside in the sun...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly