• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Documentary film: Snow Day - Lift, Death and Skiing

alison wong

Angel Diva
Documentary film on Amazon: Snow Day - Lift, Death and Skiing

Description:
Hit the slopes with a charming group of senior citizen skiers whose stories unfold along with the ski day. Set in the Colorado Rockies, join 6 skiers as they embrace both the joy and adversity that accompanies a long life lived well. You'll be inspired by their stories of love, loss, and personal growth that play out in high contrast to the freedom and athleticism they exhibit on the mountain.

Genres Fitness, Documentary, Sports
Director Erica Milsom
Starring Betty Meyer, Phil Mathews, Clark Milsom

If you have an Amazon prime account, please consider watching this movie. I enjoyed it so much. The mtn featured in the film is Copper and this group meets every Wednesday.

Highly recommended!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched this movie this evening, and thought it was lovely, though very bittersweet. It's clear that skiing is more than just a sport; it's a way for people to connect, get outdoors, and just enjoy life. I only hope that I'll continue to ski the way that they have, with such a nice group of friends..

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also watched it and enjoyed it. I’m not sure if I’ll be skiing that many days in my later years since I’m a Caribbean basin girl, but God willing, I hope to be getting my annual turns in somewhere in all my future seasons!

Tvan

Angel Diva
I agree with @ski diva ’s comments... a sweet and bittersweet film. What I aspire to in my retirement years.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking forward to watching it!

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Just watched and enjoyed this movie. Thanks Alison. I too hope to enjoy outdoor activities with a group of friends well into my more senior years. I have a hiking group now and have had a women’s skiing group (once a year out west) since 2013. Very thankful for those friendships! I don’t have amazon prime but was able to rent on amazon for $1.99 and watch on my Apple TV — prime video app✅

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly