• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you wear matching ski jacket and pants?

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
i almost always wear black pants. They go with everything, of course - except my black jacket. i don't like black on black (especially now that I have new black boots). when i wear my black jacket I wear my raspberry pants. still looking for fun blue pants.

newboots

Angel Diva
I’m still using the first gear I found that fit (from STP and Marshall’s). I did order Strafe pants last year from TJMaxx because they were wicked cheap, turquoise, and looked more fitted and curvy than my pale gray Marmot pants.

I just tried to get things that would go together and were cheap. It’s expensive the first year! My jacket is purple and somewhere here there’s a thread complaining about how badly my new skis (reddish pattern with some vaguely pinkish, Blizzard Quattros) went with my jacket. The Divas kindly told me to quit whining and go ski.

The Quattros were the skis I wanted, past season, and they came from STP as well. I still don’t like the colors! Mine is the ski on the far right.

Attachments

• EB94C3A4-4525-4114-B924-77AF1181F2CE.jpeg
    EB94C3A4-4525-4114-B924-77AF1181F2CE.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 17

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Waiting for the boots and skis that match-ish... (Thank goodness for ON3P!)

Do you have a pair of ON3P skis? Those pretty purple ones from this year? I'm not much on pretty skis but those are a beautiful shade of purple. I have last years Jessie and theyre a wierd yellowish orangish mixed with browns and grays. They dont match anything but I dont care. I love the bright green bases!

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Back in the day, we all wore matching pants and jackets. They were sold as sets. We would mix it up with brightly colored ski sweaters. Oh, how I miss those beautiful 70s ski sweaters!
I was born in the 90s but rocked a handme down 80s body suit on the hill for a few years as a kid. It was reversible! Solid neon green on one side and neon rainbow on the other! The best part was it was all one piece so I didn't have to worry about matching anything! I do feel bad for the ski instructors that had to help me get out of it to go to the bathroom though...

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m still using the first gear I found that fit (from STP and Marshall’s). I did order Strafe pants last year from TJMaxx because they were wicked cheap, turquoise, and looked more fitted and curvy than my pale gray Marmot pants.

I just tried to get things that would go together and were cheap. It’s expensive the first year! My jacket is purple and somewhere here there’s a thread complaining about how badly my new skis (reddish pattern with some vaguely pinkish, Blizzard Quattros) went with my jacket. The Divas kindly told me to quit whining and go ski.

The Quattros were the skis I wanted, past season, and they came from STP as well. I still don’t like the colors! Mine is the ski on the far right.

I was amazed to see a ski brand other than Blizzard in that photo! :wink:

newboots

Angel Diva
I was amazed to see a ski brand other than Blizzard in that photo! :wink:

I know, amazing! Mr. Blizzard had those Snowriders since the late 90s. He informs me that they were made in the Blizzard factory with a special Blizzard carver plate on it. So I guess that makes it okay.

He adds, “I hardly ever ski on them, though.”
:laughter:

Skiwino

Certified Ski Diva
I have Patagonia pants in elwha blue and a coordinating jacket with an elwha blue pattern and navy. No apologies.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
Most of my stuff is black but never intentionally. There was this one time I was black all the way through at every layer. The only things not black were my boots. Since then I tried to always include some color, usually the sweater. Still not matchy though. It takes too much effort.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I try to dress complimentary with what colors I can find on sale in my size. I'm not a huge pink fan but enjoy my hot pink and bright purple pants that I pair with my dark blue and navy/turquoise jackets. I like to be visible. The new helmet I just got is a dark purple and is replacing the white one I had for the last three years. The K2 Thrilluvits I bought last season match my outfit perfectly, which was not planned, but was fun to find out. My new Kanjos with black and green won't coordinate with me, but that doesn't bother me too much because they are mostly black. Husband is a little jealous tho as they match his bright yellow jacket and neon green pants. For Christmas I bought him a bright green helmet. Before last year he was all black and grey. Was a real PITA to find him on the hills. Not anymore!

newboots

Angel Diva
Husband is a little jealous tho as they match his bright yellow jacket and neon green pants. For Christmas I bought him a bright green helmet. Before last year he was all black and grey. Was a real PITA to find him on the hills. Not anymore!

Oh, I wish! Mr. Blizzard is generally all-black, though his ski pants are dark gray. The only way I can pick him out of the crowd is when the light strikes his goggles, and they look iridescent blue-green.

Jilly

Staff member
OMG - I have never had skis or boots that matched my clothing. Your pants pretty much cover your boots....And skis...I get snow on the them...so they're white, not Orange! (Rossi Hero's)

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I try to have colors that work well together with some contrast. Groomer days I am mostly in dark, blend in colors. (Instructors hate to be seen on days not in uniform) powder and tree skiing days usually at least bright pants. Been know to wear different goggles and helmet to be more incognito when not teeaching. Stay away from red and grey by principle as those are my uniform colors. I like how some companies match colors and pieces discreetly like Flylow.

lljc00

Certified Ski Diva
Skiing is the one time/place where I wear colors I probably never would on the street. There’s something about the white background that just invites lots of bold colors! Also, now that I have my kids skiing with me, I want to be easy to spot (my daughter prefers to follow rather than lead), so I’m even changing out my white helmet for something of color.

Yikes, now that I think about this, over the off season, I ended up acquiring a purple helmet and a purple jacket, that’s on top of my purple pants! (Not all the same shade). I guess maybe I’ll be wearing more of my blue pants instead . Still looking for a bright colored ski goggle band - maybe a yellow or green? Again two colors I would never put on my body anywhere else.

I also stay away from patterns, also to be easier to spot. My daughter had a white and patterned PAUL frank jacket last year, and I couldn’t seem to follow her easily. So it’s all solids for her from now.

newboots

Angel Diva
Interesting that the pattern would be hard to spot. Hmm

lljc00

Certified Ski Diva
Interesting that the pattern would be hard to spot. Hmm
It may have been more due to the fact that the jacket had a white background, but I think the pattern didn't help since it made it harder to just have my eyes lock onto on a solid block of something.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It may have been more due to the fact that the jacket had a white background, but I think the pattern didn't help since it made it harder to just have my eyes lock onto on a solid block of something.
Huh. Camouflage... like, on textured snow, solid white is more visible than white with patterns? Hadn't thought of that.

Time for a scientific experiment!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna