• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you wear matching ski jacket and pants?

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Smackdowns? I missed them. I've stopped reading technique discussions back in about 2005 or so (Epic). They would go on for pages and I'd be saying, "Wha???". Maybe I'll have to get back into them.
It's really fun, I actually go through and look for LF posts and then back up and read the what came before so I can properly appreciate her brilliance.

I should elaborate, her responses are not smackdowns because they are bombastic or rude, they are smackdowns because they are clearly so superior in quality that they leave everyone else looking like pretenders to the throne. They are just so elegant.

Last edited:

newboots

Angel Diva
It's really fun, I actually go through and look for LF posts and then back up and read the what came before so I can properly appreciate her brilliance.

I should elaborate, her responses are not smackdowns because they are bombastic or rude, they are smackdowns because they are clearly so superior in quality that they leave everyone else looking like pretenders to the throne. They are just so elegant.

Maybe I’ll have to go back to reading Pugski to see these great smackdowns. Actually, I remember some of them. But that site raises my blood pressure. Not nearly as bad as Epic did, but still irritating.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
they are clearly so superior in quality that they leave everyone else looking like pretenders to the throne. They are just so elegant.

QFT

I've gotten to the point WRT video analysis that if @liquidfeet is not doing the MA, don't waste that half-day with the whole video process. I've gotten nothing out of it yet. I have never seen anyone prove their points and articulate their message like she does. That's why I want her to rock that fur and girly-crap. She has the technical cojones to back it up.

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
QFT

I've gotten to the point WRT video analysis that if @liquidfeet is not doing the MA, don't waste that half-day with the whole video process. I've gotten nothing out of it yet. I have never seen anyone prove their points and articulate their message like she does. That's why I want her to rock that fur and girly-crap. She has the technical cojones to back it up.
My favorite was where (after everyone else finished with their contradictory treatises) she posted stills taken from the MA video with detailed frame by frame analysis and compared it to stills of a well known dev team member on similar terrain in the same portion of the turn. Exquisite!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I need video of myself so I can go into a dark room and do the same side-by-side comparisons of my own skiing (very privately!). Haven't seen a video of my skiing in years.

Thanks everyone for being so supportive.

Pixie Perfect

Certified Ski Diva
Not intentionally, but it seems I now have two pair of ski pants that are the same brand as my jacket — and one of them is the same color as my jacket.

I happened to go to the Columbia Employee store today hoping to score discounted ski pants. My goal was to get a pair that fit for a good price but I didn’t care about the color.

They only had one pair in my size (XS Short) and it happens to be turquoise like my ski jacket. I worried a bit whether my outfit would be too all one color, but the pants are slightly darker so they look complimentary.

I have white pants already and I would have taken any color: red, black, white, purple etc. Whatever would have fit regardless if it color coordinated with my jacket. Guess I’ll be super matching this season and next!

Emski528

Angel Diva
1545275411013.png
I bought this last year. No need to worry about jacket/pant coordination with this amazing onsie. Sadly, the fit just wasn't right and I sent it back. I'm still pining for it. For now, I wear a 15 year old green burton jacket because it's in great shape and has pockets in all the right places and bright white north face pants I found last year.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I just got a new pair of skis (Nordica Santa Ana 93's) that are the exact same color as my ski jacket! Trust me, this was not intentional, but damn, it looks good! Now when people ask me why I got those skis, I say, "Why, because they match my jacket, of course!" :wink:

IMG_8266.JPG

kiki

Angel Diva
I like to match.

I have teal jacket and pants now, and my pants are a bit loose. Certain that i would lose weight on my diet and once i started skiing, i hunted for a slightly smaller pair. Not easy as i am a med-large short. Hard to find the right length and fit....on sale..... did find a pair on clearance but they were hot pink. I reasoned i could make this work if i crochet a teal and hot pink scarf to tie the colours. So i spent $100 on wool to accomplish this.
IMG_5977.JPG
Currently the diet has been scrapped, have skiid only 5 runs runs year, won't fit these pants till i lose 10lb and can't crochet due to my sprained thumb.

The hot pink pants look beautiful on the shelf in my cupboard though lol!

mahgnillig

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Coordinate - yes. Match - no. I usually buy my gear on sale so I get what's available as long as I like the colour. I got myself a new Mammut jacket (bright blue!) and some navy blue Marmot bibs with bright blue accents which match quite nicely. Unfortunately I didn't realise that my hubby also bought navy blue trousers over the summer, and he already had a Patagonia shell in the exact same shade as the one I just bought. Now we look like a pair of matchy matchy dorks :rotf:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly