• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you wear matching ski jacket and pants?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
...as in, MATCHING, e.g., made by same manufacturer, made to "go together?"
If not, how much do you care about how the two go together?

Jilly

Staff member
So far. But that may change. I love my Salomon jackets, but every pair of pants get rips in them. I was trying on my older jacket and thinking, those red pants at EB might work with this jacket.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No. I DO coordinate the color and prints of garments. A totally matching jacket and pants seems a bit much unless you are referring to a jacket and pants combination that a manufacturer has designed to go together. Personally I would not wear the same identical color or print on both halves of my body. I'm too small for that.

Seeking out great combinations is the fun part of the shopping

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just try to coordinate/ not clash too badly. Although I did end up accidentally matching my jacket and pants to my Elans perfectly for a bit. I just bought a new jacket and pants, both Burton, but not matching. I picked the jacket first, then the pants were narrowed down by the colors on clearance in my size.

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Only ever worn black pants, so no. I'm thightastic, but have short legs so anything that fits is a win. (I wear nils, though so does my mother who is a tarantula). Though my midwinter jacket is a slate blue, and my helmet is black, so I blend in. Depending on which goes first, either my next helmet or pants will probably be brightly colored so friends can find me!

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Although I did end up accidentally matching my jacket and pants to my Elans perfectly for a bit.
My spring jacket is the same color teal as the detailing on my total joys. It's not overwhelming, just enough to feel coordinated even though it was a happy accident.

Jilly

Staff member
My avatar....Salomon jacket and pants. Abet a pro deal with the local store. The pants look red, but they are a pinky-red that matches the stitching next to the zippers. Could have gone blue, but....his wife has the blue....

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like to coordinate. But recently I started rocking a kind of monochromatic color scheme and I am totally digging it. Baggy dark blue pants and a color blocked dark and light blue jacket. Not the same manufacturers, but I like it.

mustski

Angel Diva
Back in the day, we all wore matching pants and jackets. They were sold as sets. We would mix it up with brightly colored ski sweaters. Oh, how I miss those beautiful 70s ski sweaters! I haven't seen sets in years although most manufacturers offer matching fabrics if you want it. I think I prefer to mix and match my colors. I am kind of boring in my color choices though. I stick to blue/turquoise/teal, red, pink, and black. I did stretch myself and buy some berry colored pants last season.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm surprised that this is not a thing! Am I nuts? I've desperately tried to, actually, be completely matchy. Has not quite worked out, yet, except for the rainy-day get-up. Damn those unflattering Columbia pants! And my refusal to buy anything at full price (hence no Columbia gloves)!

As you can see in my profile photo, I'm largely monochromatic, but not the same manufacturer, and would you believe how many different shades of black there are in the world?

I was so happy when the boot recommendation from one salesperson was the same color as the ski recommendation from another salesperson, and they were from the same-ish manufacturer. I almost also got the matchy helmet. I did get the matchy poles.

I do have my next outfit planned out, though... Waiting for the current outfit(s) to expire... Saving up the money... Waiting for the boots and skis that match-ish... (Thank goodness for ON3P!)

You'll see... You'll see!!! :crazy:

I am totally serious! You will find out when my profile photo changes.

And why isn't there a :Bwahahahahahahahahaaaa: smiley?

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m often coordinated but not matchup matchy. Even when I wanted to match I never seemed to find a matching jacket and pants that both fit - clearly this isn’t just a problem for larger sizes. I had a more or less matching blue and cream jacket and cream pants for a while. Then I got a blue jacket with darker blue trim. Last season I needed new pants. I had originally thought I’d go deep blue but it looked boring. So I went for bright green instead. I’ve never been so un-matchy in my whole life. I’m like some kind of a skiing cocktail. D9E8CDDE-D0B7-4C3E-8CDB-E7891FD1FD4A.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna