• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you use pole straps?

MissySki

Angel Diva
I use traditional straps as I take my mittens off a lot in a lesson and the Leki system makes it harder to take them off as it is usually snug around the glove or mitten.
I keep my Leki straps reasonably lose on my mittens. They don’t inhibit my hand going in and out at all. I did purposely buy replacement straps that were larger than the ones that came with my poles though, because my mittens are pretty large and the original ones did make it more snug. I tend to take my hands in and out a lot too, but usually because I want to take pictures etc.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I keep my Leki straps reasonably lose on my mittens. They don’t inhibit my hand going in and out at all. I did purposely buy replacement straps that were larger than the ones that came with my poles though, because my mittens are pretty large and the original ones did make it more snug. I tend to take my hands in and out a lot too, but usually because I want to take pictures etc.
I am mildly envious that it works for you. Maybe my nordic background means that i like the tighter fit as I do use the leki system for nordic skiing still. With the trad strap I can still quickly leverage with a snug fit for alpine skating and poling and remove the mittens. I wear a mitten inside a mitten, I look like a heavyweight boxer

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am a LEKI snap on convert---love love them.

(BTW: I have a new pair of 110cm used once I need to sell).

I'll never go back to straps now.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Is it absurd that this Midwest intermediate is considering Lekis?

Mistletoes

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have begun skiing with my pole straps off (what a relief not to have to stop to put them on at the top). To my surprise, when I fall (I fall, yes I do) those poles are still in my hands. My auto-pilot sees to that, because conscious thought is sure not happening in that split second as I hit the snow.

So is this the case with others? If so (perhaps it's not so), why did we ever need those straps?
Always use them, just habit I suppose. Was taught by instructor to always put hand up and through strap rather than down.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A tree decided it wanted to hold on to one of my poles today. I've never used pole straps as my first poles didn't have any and just continued with that over the years. I think it paid off today - I had to shuffle my way back to pick up the errant pole but will take that over wrenching my shoulder or wrist which was a possibility it had been attached to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna