• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you use a hydration pack when skiing?

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have tried on a few occasions but mine always freezes up. I'm sure it would help if it were insulated, but it's just a standard Camelbak bladder that I put in my Dakine heli-pack. Anyone use a hydration pack successfully and comfortably while skiing? If so, which brand/style did you use?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't have a hydration back but I really want to get one.
Hopefuly one that will work!

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't use one on the east, but find it essential out west! I use a camelback with minimal storage capacity which is made for sub freezing temps. I have had the same problems of freezing fluid line in cold weather with the standard camelback. Look for the one that is specifically made for colder temps with a neoprene cover on the fluid line and a place to zip up the line on the shoulder strap. Sorry, I can't remember the model name.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I don't use one for skiing, but I do for hiking and biking. To be honest, it's just not something I want to be burdened with. And in Vermont, it'd probably just freeze up, anyway,

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I only used a camelback once. It froze, got caught on the cahir lift, and then leaked and made my back wet. when I am thirsty, I go in.

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you're an east coaster or lowlander who goes to altitude, you won't believe the thirst!! I drink a minimun of 1.5 gallon/day when out west.
I leave the camelback at home otherwise.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly