• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you have a ski vacation planned this year?

Marigee

Angel Diva
Hey ADKskier - Defninitely celebrate the end of law school with a ski trip! You are close enought to having learned all the multistate stuff that studying won't be a problem!

chaletlaforet

Certified Ski Diva
We'll be in Chamonix for at least three weeks over Christmas and New Year - maybe more if we can get away earlier! It will be the longest trip since our five week Colorado exttravaganza in 2003/4 -I can't wait! There's already 40cm of snow on the nearest slopes :smile:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ahh snow.........I remember snow:( . Maybe I'll be lucky enough to see snow again..........ho hum:(

pollittcl

Certified Ski Diva
Nothing planned yet away from home, although a possibility of a couple of short trip IF I decide I'm taking an exam this winter!

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would love to go to Chamonix someday... :smile:

Thatsagirl

chaletlaforet

Certified Ski Diva
That sounds like a great trip Shellski! The snow is coming on nicely too :smile:
A shame that we won't be out there in Feb - still who knows how the weekends will fall! Where will you be staying?

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A real shame, I know February is school holidays, but that is the only time I can get away from work! A couple of questions though.. I might start a new thread..

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Update to my earlier post

Update to my earlier post: My trip to Crested Butte and Monarch (which includes both resort and snowcat skiing) now also includes: 1 day at Silverton (guided skiing), 1 day snowcat skiing at Durango and 1 day at Telluride that includes hiking for some turns in an area that they plan to develop. All in all, 8 days on snow. Originally, we didn't think my husband would be going on this trip, but now he is, so we are very excited! :D

We are trying to get ready for all that high-altitude hiking now! :eek:

Thatsagirl

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Other than normal weekend trips to Copper and day trips to other nearby areas, we have time in Vail (10-14 Feb) and Keystone (28 Feb-4 Mar).

We have visited Jackson Hole (twice), Whistler, and Zermatt in the past 2 years, so we need to stay home for a season. But JH is such a quick plane ride from here; I'm not ruling out a spur-of-the-moment trip. (My husband doesn't know that, though. I don't think he approves. :smile: )

Are any of you traveling to ESA Aspen?

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
We've got a trip to Brighton & Solitude planned for Jan 11th-15th. I *cannot wait*, especially after the early season we've had. The only downside is that we've done so little skiing so far (only 5 days) that I'm going to be in terrible shape. Hopefully 5 consecutive full days of skiing in Utah powder won't kill me. ;)

We're also hoping to get in a trip to Tahoe late March, depending on the weather and prices. And we're throwing around the idea of heading up to NH over Presidents' day, since we can drive up and use our existing season pass at Attitash, so it'd be pretty cheap overall. I doubt all of those will end up happening, but hopefully we can make it 2 out of 3. :smile:

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, let's see; ESA Aspen on the 21st of January, Kitzbuhel on March 1-5, teaching a fitness week in Portillo on August 25.

slipnslide

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A smattering of 1 day trips, several long weekends starting early December and 2 weeklong trips.

Dec 6-8 Sugar, NC (race camp)
Dec 15-19 Stowe, VT
Jan 5-7 Snowshoe, WV (race weekend)
Jan 20-27 - ESA Aspen
Feb 23-25- Sugar, NC (race weekend)
March 9-11 - Snowshoe, WV (race weekend)
April 1-7 - Steamboat, CO (if snow is still good like last year)

Life gets very dark after April, but the pocketbook recovers :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna