• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you enjoy any other snow sports?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just wondering if you Divas enjoy any other snow sports in addition to skiing. How about cross country, ice skating, or snowshoeing? Or is there something else?

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Figure skating. But just to watch on TV. I can't skate. I like skaters who have strong athletic jumps, beautiful choreography, and rich classical music. It's fun to play judge.

The Winter Olympics is great too. I watch almost every minute.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I spend a lot of time when there is no snow hiking up the mountains in New Hampshire. It's slow, not at all like skiing, but it gets me in shape for skiing. But really, there's something great about an all-day mountain hike. Touching the mountains with my feet, just some leather in between my skin and the rocks and roots, doing this slowly, one step at a time, is a nice way of saying hi and thanks to the mountains for just being there.

The people I hike with know a lot more about this than I do, and they hike up in the middle of the winter also. Some of them love winter hiking more than summer hiking. It scares me, plus I don't want to give up any of my skiing time to hike.

BUT ... maybe I'm missing something. I'm willling to be convinced to hike instead of ski sometimes in the winter if there are good stories out there of the wonders of crampons, snowshoes, ice axes, and so forth. Anyone had any experience with winter mountain hiking? Is it as good as skiing?

nelsapbm

Certified Ski Diva
Hockey/skating. I try to go up to the rink once a week to get some exercise, and we're season ticket holders for UVM hockey. Also try to get up to Montreal to see the Habs a couple times a year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna