• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do boot gloves work?

lucy

Angel Diva
I run Hotronics boot heaters in the mid-teens and above. When the temp drops below the mid-teens, I add the boot gloves and I’m good through the single digits. Before I had Hotronics, I would add the boot gloves and they were better than no boot glove for all the reasons mentioned above. The boot glove is my go to for wet, heavy snow... you know, the snowpack that situates itself on the boot... and melts.

marzNC

Angel Diva
What I've learned to do when using Boot Gloves in deep fresh snow is to clear any snow that gets underneath after a run in loose snow . . . or a fall in untracked powder. That's one reason I only use them when it's really frigid. Luckily it's relatively rare that is the weather combination on trips out west.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used Boot Gloves for years until I discovered that dressing a lot more worked almost as well, specifically on my legs. It wasn't that my legs were cold, but keeping them warmer helped my feet. At first it was shell pants over insulated pants, now it's thicker or even double long underwear. If it's really brutally cold (as it can be in Montana) then I still might put them on, but the inability to easily open and close buckles with each lift ride is an issue for me. They're still in my locker just in case but I haven't used them in a year or so.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A good bootfitter should be able to install Hotronics without increasing the volume inside your boots. It's just a matter of dremel-ing out the space of the material. You can easily do it yourself as well.

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my boot gloves. They keep my feet so much drier than without, and dry feet equal warm feet. Yesterday I skied all day with my son, so same conditions. His liners and the inside of his boot shell were soaking. My liners were slightly damp and the shell was bone dry.

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
You have boot heaters installed in your custom footbeds. I tried the boot gloves for awhile, but ended up with the heaters. Sometimes you need both.

Only thing about the boot glove is the elastic band. If you do a lot of walking with the glove on, it will wear and eventually tear the band. And if you need to fiddle with your buckles, it's really hard to do.

I covered the foot band with duct tape to reinforce it. It works well.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is there a best boot glove manufacturer out there or does any brand work? Asking for a friend. Thanks!

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've seen them recommended here and there over the years, but do they actually keep your feet warmer and are they easy to use? Before I drop yet more money on something ski-related, I'd love a good recommendation from the wise divas! Cold feet are such a bummer and I'm eager to do what I can to fix them.
Yes! They take the edge off as long as the temps aren’t crazy cold. It depends On the person tho but for $30 they’re worth a try

Jilly

Staff member
Boot glove is a trademark. So there could be other similar products out there. Can't say I've seen any.

newboots

Angel Diva
There was mention of another brand that manages the strap under the skis better, but I can’t remember any details.

I find my boot gloves make some difference. I noticed that @Olesya Chornoguz put a toe warmer on top of her boot, then put on the Boot Glove. She said there’s no room inside for the toe warmer and she’s found it helpful. It was a very cold day.

SnowSeeker

Angel Diva
Out of desperation, I bought a pair of boot gloves while skiing in Lake Louise back in November - it was negative temps every day and my feet were numb within 45 minutes. Day two, while using the boot gloves, I was able to ski for a few hours before taking a break. If your boots are already warm, it acts like insulation to retain the temperature (but they are useless on already cold boots). Yesterday, it was 9 degrees here in New England and only climbed to 15 by the time I arrived at our local hill. I put my boots on our boot heater while eating breakfast and then dropped an oversized Hot Hands packet in each boot for the drive to the hill. After buckling my boots, I put the hot hands packet on top of my boot, under the boot glove, and skied for 5 hours with warm toes. I'm shopping for heated socks and will likely pass these down to one of my kids eventually. But, $35, plus looking a little goofy, is a small price to pay for warm toes!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Hotronics+Boot Gloves almost every day.....

I tried the toe warmer on top of the boot and under the Boot Gloves - I found it worked, but only for a very short time and then the toe warmer went ice cold.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Serius makes a lot of neoprene items. So it wouldn't surprise me they have a similar product.
Seirus makes their version of the "boot glove" - see my post on the previous page. The strap goes under the boot vs on the toe piece (I posted a picture of how they fit on my boot). I feel they cover more of the boot than the Boot Glove brand. Harder to find though as most shops seem to carry the Boot Glove more than the Seirus Masque.
I will even wear mine on warmer days to help keep out melted snow from my toe and overlap areas. Not a big deal on hard pack days but if I'm running through granular piles or powder after recent snow, it helps a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly