• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do boot gloves work?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hotronics+Boot Gloves almost every day.....

I tried the toe warmer on top of the boot and under the Boot Gloves - I found it worked, but only for a very short time and then the toe warmer went ice cold.
Same here. Too much oxygen available, and the toe warmers max out in an hour.
I put the toe warmers on top of my socks inside the boots and then the bootgloves on top of the boots. Got duct tape over the opening at the end of the flaps too. It's amazing how much air flows in through that gap.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Really, if you're talented with a sewing machine, anyone could make them.
Ok I have saved some neoprene from an old wet suit (we usually donate our old wetsuits to a company that recycles them into yoga mats) and I have a sewing machine...... I need to bring my boots home and get motivated to make these....

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Wore my boot gloves on Friday when wind chill was below zero with high winds and fresh powder. Was my first time skiing that cold with my new boots and ultralight socks. I first went out with just the boot gloves and they kept my feet dry and mostly warm. I came in for a break and noticed they felt a little cold. I pulled out my heat packs and let them heat up for about 20/30mins. I stuck them between the boot glove and my toes and went back out. I couldn't believe how much of a difference they made. If I felt my toes feeling a little cool, I could point them to the roof of the boot and feel the heat pack warmth thru the plastic and toe overlap. I think I felt more cold coming from the boot sole, even with my hotpink Superfeet. We finally called it a day when it reached -5, was a whiteout with the blowing snow, and our bodies in general were starting to feel chilled. Amazingly, the heat packs were still warm when I pulled them from under the boot glove and they later helped warm my toes in the chilly condo.

newboots

Angel Diva
It was -6 this morning at Suicide Six, and even with my heated boots I added my old boot gloves. Very helpful! I was afraid if I cranked the heat up in the boots, my batteries might run out. So I kept the heat on medium and the boot gloves took care of the rest!

cskis88

Certified Ski Diva
Boot gloves make a huge difference with my chilly Salomon XMAX 110s. Thinnest Merino blend socks and boot gloves to keep out the wind doesn’t totally prevent cold feet but does make a difference. I use them when it is colder than -10 Celsius ( about 14 Fahrenheit I think).

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
Tip- take the boot gloves off anytime you come indoors so the boot shell will warm back up to room temperature. Leaving the boot gloves on at lunch can keep your boot shells cold.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Tip- take the boot gloves off anytime you come indoors so the boot shell will warm back up to room temperature. Leaving the boot gloves on at lunch can keep your boot shells cold.
Also good to take them off to make sure there isn't any snow caught underneath.

I used mine last week in frigid temps (single digits, low teens) at Taos. Definitely helped.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I had never used them before, but I also wore them last week in Taos, and I was amazed at what a difference they made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly