• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do bindings need to be readjusted with different boots?

Bonnie2617

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Me and my mom had our binding release checked on our skis (not 100% sure on the terminology, so hopefully that makes sense). They switched our boots though when they were doing the check. Our boots are the same mondo size, but there is a 1 mm difference in the actual sole length. Do we need to have someone check/readjust the bindings again? Is there an easy way for me to check this?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes. Every time you get new boots, have the ski shop selling you the boots adjust all your bindings. They shouldn't charge you much, if anything. After all, you just paid a ton for the boots. It's unsafe if you don't do that.

newboots

Angel Diva
If you can go back to the same shop, they should re-do it without charge, assuming it was the shop that messed up which boot matched which skis.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You may not even need to go back to the shop unless it happens to be nearby. On your first ski day of the season you may find it easier to have the local on-mountain rental/demo or tune shop people check and adjust for you. They are usually willing to do this at no cost.

And YES, it must be rechecked.

Bonnie2617

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the info. Will have it checked on the mountain. The place that did it is over an hour away, so thats not going to work. Unfortunately not too many ski service places on Long Island.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought new boots several years back and brought 7 pair of skis with me to have the bindings adjusted. The shop did all those bindings without charging me a penny. It can pay to plan ahead when you are buying boots.

Jilly

Staff member
Remember it's not only the BSL, but the DIN settings. Are you the same weight, height, skiing ability and age? I think not. Get BOTH sets back to the shop. This type of mistake should not happen. At our shop we tag the boots and skis with a symbol if the last name is the same. We have stamps with snowflakes, triangles, squares etc...That way sets DO NOT get mixed up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly