• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Do any of you use credit cards strictly for points and other travel benefits?

ride_ski

Angel Diva
I signed up for the Chase Sapphire Reserve almost 2 years ago (just missed the 100k point sign up bonus they were giving, and only got 50k). I also have an American Airlines card since that has been my preferred airline and gives you preferred boarding which is helpful if you don't have status. I really like the Sapphire since you get a bonus if you use your points to book travel in their portal. They offer trip cancellation protection (which I used last year when I had to cancel Diva West trip to Aspen). They also ofer rental car coverage. I am another person who charges everything and the points add up quickly.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Is there a big lean towards Sapphire reserve versus Sapphire preferred?

I started with the Preferred because the $450 scared me off. But after a few years I switched when they had a good bonus. Now I look at it as: I easily spend over $300 in travel per year, so getting that reimbursement makes me feel like I’m actually spending $150 on the yearly fee. So that’s really only $55 more than the preferred. The Priority Pass for airport lounges is enough to sell me on the Reserve for $55. Then I definitely receive well over the yearly fee in travel credits per year (I put as much as I can on the card and pay it off monthly). So as long as you do travel every year, I think the Reserve is well worth it.

And there it is...my second sales pitch for the Reserve.

As Mustski said, look at them side by side and if you use the benefits of the Reserve, it makes more sense. But if you don’t, you’re wasting money on the additional fee.

NYC2VT

Certified Ski Diva
I started with the Preferred because the $450 scared me off. But after a few years I switched when they had a good bonus. Now I look at it as: I easily spend over $300 in travel per year, so getting that reimbursement makes me feel like I’m actually spending $150 on the yearly fee. So that’s really only $55 more than the preferred. The Priority Pass for airport lounges is enough to sell me on the Reserve for $55. Then I definitely receive well over the yearly fee in travel credits per year (I put as much as I can on the card and pay it off monthly). So as long as you do travel every year, I think the Reserve is well worth it.

And there it is...my second sales pitch for the Reserve.

As Mustski said, look at them side by side and if you use the benefits of the Reserve, it makes more sense. But if you don’t, you’re wasting money on the additional fee.
The Reserve also reimburses Global Entry/TSA PreCheck feed so that brings the effective fee down as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly