• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do any of you divas do eventing?

Bumblebee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've just moved stables and feel more confident than I have done in years - madame is a sex-pest and so got kicked on saturday, so sunday I spent on the couch watching Burghley instead. :D

Anyway I'm now totally inspired - I haven't competed since my teens and of course now I'm living in a foreign country and am trying to get my head around the rules. E.g., here you have to compete affiliated - they tend not to do "casual" events.

It's coming up to the end of season now of course, but hold me back for 2010! :laugh:

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
Bumblebee if you are at all like me that enthusiam will last right up untill you feel the water soaking through your breeches when she refuses at a watercourse and you make it to the other side but your mount doesn't!! LOL! I'm going to stick to sucking at dressage and loving trail rides! Although I must atdmit hunter pacers looks so very appealing!!! Oh to be young and bounce better when I hit the ground! LOL! Let me know if you decide to go for it!

Bumblebee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Permagrin - hahaha - yes, and judgeing by the way my boyfriend roared with laughter and slapped his thighs on Sunday when someone hit the water at Burghley I think he'll be the guy sat by the lake with his camera waiting for me to come a cropper!:(

Luckily though - because I've done so much trail-riding she will (touch wood) tackle anything I ask her to... including once when I asked her to jump down a 3' bank and she was really reluctant to do so... I pushed and pushed and she did... and then promptly sank up to the top of her legs in marsh! :rolleyes::eek: I jumped off and she gave me one of those "oh mummy" looks! We also have some trails around here which include traversing water so I'll just have to get her used to doing them at speed.

I think I've finally figured out the Dutch rules and am going to a competition in a couple of weekends time just to get the feel of how things are organised and hopefully I can get to speak to an organiser - because whilst eventing is relatively unpopular here - because of all the other countries around they will have a lot of foreigners competing.

I'm looking forward very much to sucking at dressage too! :p

So I can ask you for dressage tips and Natalie for showjumping tips and I'll be covered!

perma-grin

hey gals wish me luck I'm trailering Chrome out tommorrw for his first trail ride away from the barn . We are taking him over to my nieces place to introduce him to the dreaded COWS! :eek: LOL! Then out to hit 489 acres of nature preserve with him. No more rodeo rides for this gal!

Bumblebee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not c_o_w_s *jaws theme tune picks up* - I didn't realise you had carnivorous ones over there in the US too - I was hoping for the sake of all American horses that it was just a European affliction!

Best of luck it should be great - you sound like the sort of woman who has Chrome's head in the right place.

I got another classic "oh mummy" look yesterday.

I was just about to do some schooling so was scouting around for a mounting block - she's 17.2hh, I'm 5'4" and not desperately lightweight or flexible. I explained to my new "barn mates" that whilst I could haul myself on when out on a trail, I prefer not to humiliate myself in front of watching eyes... everyone understands. Big horses require long legs and/or youth.

Eventually I found the mounting stool, lined it up and brought Ginger out of the stable. Put one foot in the stirrup and she started twirling around (actually very unlike her) and suddenly I found myself back on the floor. My foot had gone straight through the stool in an exact shoe-sole shape. The other girls were howling with laughter, I had this stupid stool stuck around my knee and Ginger yet again gave me the "you fool" look.

So much for not humiliating myself! :laugh:

Let us know how it goes today!

perma-grin

oh I love that look, and actually know it quite well! It's the one that very clearly say's " remind me again which one of us is suppost to be the stupid animal"? Chrome walked off the side of a wood traversing bridge today, TWICE! Scatched his legs up a bit but for the most part he only did damage to his ego! I was actually very pleased that he was willing to cross it. The cows didn't even phase him gave them a "Whatever" look and walked on! Go figure! All in all it was an awesome ride we were out for 6 hours total!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly