• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add webmaster@theskidiva.com to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva West 2020 is at Jackson Hole!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hold on to your helmets, Divas, I'm calling it early this time.....

Diva West 2020 will be at Jackson Hole! And since the IKON passes are going on sale next week, you might want to get in on the early savings!

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Right now I'm thinking the first week in February, though as I said, it's early and things could change.*

[* Edited, March 22, 2019: Diva West will be the last week of January.]

For those of you who don't know, Diva West is our annual gathering for members of TheSkiDiva community, where we come together to ski, get to know one another, and have a great time. We've done Diva Weeks each year since the forum started, and they're always a blast. It's tremendous fun to get to know the people behind the user names and to get in some great skiing with a group of fantastic women. All levels are welcome, as well as husbands & significant others. We're all responsible for own lodging and travel arrangements, and of course, the fun is up to you, too. But I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

So let's hear it for Jackson Hole!

Last edited:

MissySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yay, so excited! I’d just like to make a plug for maybe a week later since the first Sunday in February is always the Super Bowl! :wink: I know the majority probably don’t have an issue there, but I had to try since it’s still early.. lol:jumphappy:

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What Ikon passes go on sale next week???? Ugh that crazy we need to start thinking about next winter already. Thanks for making the announcement early. I'm actually heading to Jackson this Friday so will have some recent experiences. Hope to make it next year.

Sounds great and I would love to go but not sure I want to jinx the weather for Diva week! I’ve never had good luck there. I’m at JH this week and though they’ve been getting dumped, we were lucky to get a few good pow runs but overall so far the snow has been a little heavy due to warm temps and visibility has been bad. Not sure if our planned day to Targhee will pan out due to the pass closures.

@CarverJill do you arrive early enough Friday to ski? We leave Friday after skiing.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd be happy to be a guide around Targhee!
And @MissySki, I agree, it would be fun to ski with you again! All of you, really. I'm a fair bit better than last time I was at a Diva function :thumbsup:

Tvan

Angel Diva
This sounds lile such fun, but I’m concerned that JH is too advanced of a mountain for a solid east coast intermediate like me. Thoughts on intermediate terrain at JH?

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This sounds lile such fun, but I’m concerned that JH is too advanced of a mountain for a solid east coast intermediate like me. Thoughts on intermediate terrain at JH?
@Tvan you will be pleasantly surprised with what Jackson Hole has to offer the intermediate. Two years ago I was also hesitant to ski this resort given its reputation. It has become one of my top three favorites. I was, and still consider myself, an intermediate. I was in a lesson Level 7 and skied two days with this instructor all across the mountain. He said it was an advanced lesson, and wanted us to do all the low black and higher level blue terrrain. I had a great time. Maybe not the prettiest skiing on my part, but the views are among the prettiest. LOL

There is not a lot of greenish stuff, but the blue runs are variable and sufficiently accommodating!
Go...you won't regret it.

I was thinking the same thing! I'm so glad you asked the question. So are there any other intermediate skiers thinking of going?

mustski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am an intermediate skier, and we are definitely interested. Next year is a big travel year for us though so it all depends on finances.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll have to see. I've never been to Jackson Hole and REALLY want to go. But w/o knowing what my class schedule is like it's hard to say. Maybe we could so a partial week.

Staff online

Members Online