• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva Week '09 -- Who'd come?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This week's Utah trip has already gotten me thinking ahead to next year's Diva gathering.

So here's what I'm thinking: A week in Summit County, Colorado, maybe hitting a bunch of areas over the course of a week: Breck, Keystone, Copper, A-Basin, Vail, Beaver Creek. Or would it be better to confine it to one or two areas? What does everyone think?

And if we had something like this, who'd be interested in coming? Is this something we should starting thinking about?

Marigee

Angel Diva
yes - for me,, pequenita, rachelv and InTheClouds!

confining it to two areas would make it easier.

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is this something we should starting thinking about?
Duh - um . . . Ski Diva . . . you certainly don't need a rock to hit you over the head to let you know that people are interested in a Diva week. :faint: I would call this understating the obvious.

Of course I would love to come. Just tell me when and where and I'll be there, wagging my tail behind me!

I would SO be there! OF COURSE! :cheer:

I like the idea of tackling several mountains (which is SO do-able in that area!). We could all stay in a particular area, then venture off in groups as to who wants to ski where...or whatever. I mean....the Divas aren't ALL skiing together all the time, right? So at least we could Apres together! :smile: oooooooooooo...I'm so excited!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just a note, I'd probably be staying in Eagle-Vail just west of Vail since that's where my family place is but can easily drive back to Summit County for ski days/apres ski.

For those that don't know they lay of the land in Summit County, if you are staying in Dillon/Silverthorne/Frisco/Breckenridge you are really not more than 20ish minutes from any of the Summit County resorts and only about 30ish minutes from Vail and 35 from Beaver Creek so nothing is difficult to get to. You can buy multi-day tickets to Keystone/Breck/Abasin/Vail/BC and Copper has reasonable deals ($45 per ticket for up to 4 tickets per pass) if you are there with a pass holder (at least they do currently, I'm a bit nervous of how that might change with the new COO).

I do have some connections with realtors in the area and may be able to find some rentals for a decent price for those who are interested in a condo/home style unit.

pb&jane

Certified Ski Diva
I hope this isn't too premature of me (I just joined the divas), but I have always wanted to ski w/ other rock-the-mt skiing women! And I've always wanted to ski Summit county ever since getting stuck in Frisco in an October Blizzard; I told myself I'd be back for ski season! I also think it would be fun to try a bunch of mountains....

snowbunny1976

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, that sounds fun! I'd definitely be in!

Being I've never been skiing in Colorado, I would WANT to go everywhere. However, I don't know that it would be the best idea (or most cost-effective?). I like NVG's idea of hitting a few as a group, then venturing off to do your own thing later in the week. Especially given the varying skill levels, it would be comforting to know there are some Divas wanting to hang out with me on the Blues at so-and-so, while some others tackle bowls somewhere else.

But then again... if we can organize ahead of time who's going where when, we could get group tickets at these places (= discount).

Or better yet... maybe we can get some corporate sponsors :smile:

Additionally, for those folk flying in, we may be able to get discounted group airfares if we can all lump together on the same airline around the same dates (varying departure cities OK).

Sorry... shifting into Meeting Planner mode... sometimes I just can't turn it off!!

Like Robyn said! Also, I have connections in the Vail Valley area (friends who own hotels or run hotels/condos right in the village!) If we planned it right, we could get some REALLY GREAT reduced rates. The only way this may work, however, is if we pick a time that is not SUPER HIGH SEASON!

My friend who owns the hotel we stayed at for our wedding in Vail said they have been booked SOLID Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb but March is looking slower for them....and the snow here in Colorado stays pretty good through March (at least this year it does!)(and just an FYI...our wedding guests stayed at 50% off December (high season) rates and we got 5 rooms for free there!)

Just some food for thought...

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OOOOO!! I'm in!!!:ski2:

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Count me in. Colorado is about my most favorite state, any time of year, but especially in winter!

jaydog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll clear my calendar as soon as we set the dates. I'm all about the idea of hitting several different resorts during the week. And I'm definitely up for sharing lodging/transportation in order to cut costs.

fatoots

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Um, the equivalent of "Girls Night Out" only a week or two in CO skiing for this mother of three?

Um, yeah! If of course I could swing it. Hubby is in finance and I usually can't swing more than a weekend away.

mollmeister

Angel Diva
If we did CO I would be much more likely to come up (even if just for a day or two). I have connections and knowledge that would really help manage the challenges of skiing when you have two kids below kindergarten age. So I say *yay* to CO.

mollmeister

Angel Diva
Like Robyn said! Also, I have connections in the Vail Valley area (friends who own hotels or run hotels/condos right in the village!) If we planned it right, we could get some REALLY GREAT reduced rates. The only way this may work, however, is if we pick a time that is not SUPER HIGH SEASON!

My friend who owns the hotel we stayed at for our wedding in Vail said they have been booked SOLID Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb but March is looking slower for them....and the snow here in Colorado stays pretty good through March (at least this year it does!)(and just an FYI...our wedding guests stayed at 50% off December (high season) rates and we got 5 rooms for free there!)

Just some food for thought...

Are they really considering DEC high season now?! I LOVE skiing Dec in Vail, provided the season's gotten an OK start. Good, cold-weather snow + (what feels like) NO people = AWESOME

Are they really considering DEC high season now?! I LOVE skiing Dec in Vail, provided the season's gotten an OK start. Good, cold-weather snow + (what feels like) NO people = AWESOME

No....December goes high season around the 20th....just before Christmas!

Dec 1 was our wedding day and there was still some dirt showing on the hill.

mollmeister

Angel Diva
No....December goes high season around the 20th....just before Christmas!

Dec 1 was our wedding day and there was still some dirt showing on the hill.

It def does vary. Dec in the 2002/2003 ski season was awesome, as it was in the 2005/2006 go-round (albeit cold). But yeah, dirt can be showing, especially before Dec 10. As it also can be in late March. I remember coming flying over a roller (I think it was on Ledges) in late March in a low snow season. . . and looking down and realizing that what had been snow under my skis above the roller was now a five-foot-wide dirt strip!
:eek:

I have gotten some pretty good deals in January in Vail, pre-MLK week. And also the week just after MLK week. January is pretty good, too, for crowd avoidance and good, light snow.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If I can keep hubby off e-bay, I'm sooooo in!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly