• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva Mini Farmers?

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I'm not sure this is the right place, but one of my major off season activities is my mini veggie "farm". This year it all went in the ground April 16th (after 32 degrees the night before!) and includes many tomato varieties, zucchini, yellow squash, cucumbers, peapods, green beans, butter leattuce, bibb lettuce, spinach, chives, rosemary and parsley. I was happily eating fresh salads before April ended and have also started eating cucmbers, green beans, yellow squash and peapods. And I should be able to start eating tomatoes tomorrow (good timing!). It's in a raised bed about 20 ft x 6 ft, all done by hand. A friend has a small horse farm and donates two large feed bags of horse "fertilizer" which I add to a very unscientific mix of last year's leftover potting soil and fertilizers and stir into the dirt down about 12 inches. Surprisingly, this year's very cool May and April followed by a very hot June so far has resulted in the best looking plants I've ever had. Oh the fun of going out and "picking dinner"! :yahoo:

Any other diva "mini farmers"?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had a thread started about gardening earlier. I had to do a bit of searching but I found it!!!
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4326&highlight=Garden

There are many divas who like to putter with gardening. I have my patio garden planted, and with the exception of my lettuce and spinach, all of it held up to the storms.

Nothing beats a good salad with your own lettuce and tomato from your garden, patio or conventional!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna