• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva East and West 2023-2024

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought an Indy (base) Pass! Woohoo! With added insurance like @diymom, just in case. Sometimes I walk into doors and other non-coordinated stuff in the off season, so $35 extra was worth the peace of mind.

@ballen -- you need to go ski Japan!
Hey, now you can come visit me in PA and ski Montage with us! I know... the trip of your dreams... skiing in the Poconos. lol

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ooh, we have Indy, too. Since we can’t manage to meet up anywhere else, maybe Montage is it! It's twice as high as anything I ski here in Michigan, lol.
We got the steepest run in PA. White Lightning at all of 32 degrees or something. :wink:

Lmk92

Angel Diva
If Jay is the 2024 Diva East destination, maybe tacking on a few days at Mont Tremblant would be fun?

Lmk92

Angel Diva
You'd be better to go to Owl's Head or Sutton. Much closer. You can see Jay from both of those.
Oh, I've never heard of them. They must be in Canada? I love the idea of the divas visiting the little village after a day of skiing, and not having to drive home. Edit: Not drive home, back to a hotel

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
As far as skiing in the Eastern Townships goes, I’m really interested in checking them out, especially Sutton or Owls Head. I may end up planning a ski safari headed up to Le Massif de Charlevoix north of Quebec City - it’s been on my wishlist for a bit.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are we thinking about 3 consecutive days at Jay, or two at Jay plus either Quebec, Burke, others? The Indy Pass is only 2 days at any 1 resort if I remember right.

Bolton is also on the Indy pass and on the way south from Jay. But I've never been to Burke so I'd be more interested in adding that one on!

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva
I have to add that Montage's Mountain Festival is totally worth going. I didn't make it this year but last year it was good times on the Mountain fest day. Indy Passers get access, and since that happens in March, I don't think there'll be blackout for Indy Base pass.

Good, more old-school leaning mountain, feels like how Blue/Camelback used to feel in the 2010s. I even left my phone on a picnic table and someone turned it in to the food vendor and I got it back. Actually, that run down when I realize my phone was missing made me loose a bit of my fear about going fast, so it worked out? :D

marzNC

Angel Diva
So I'm thinking Steamboat. Yes, we did a Diva West there, but it was waaaaay back in 2011, so I think it's time for a re-visit. For all us Eastern Divas, it's relatively easy to reach from the East Coast. And yes, it's on the IKON pass.
That's a good idea. Steamboat has upgraded a lot of lifts and updated the main base too in recent years. Plus Southwest started flying into Hayden-HDN.

While it's possible to fly to Denver for a trip to Steamboat, it's worth considering flying to HDN, which is only a 20-min shuttle ride away from Steamboat Springs. With the bus system at Steamboat, there are plenty of lodging options that aren't slopeside that don't require having a car to get to the main base.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Ooh I love the idea of Steamboat! Spent a week there 20 years ago!!! Slopeside at the Sheraton!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna