• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva East and West 2023-2024

mustski

Angel Diva
Works for me! But I second the picking of dates ASAP. I looked at the first week of February and already 51% of properties on VRBO are already booked. The cheapest place I could find (in town) was going to be $3000 for the week.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Dates works for me… I may be doing another trip so no conflict.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I haven't thought about it at all....but since Jay is so far north, I think it'd make sense to do that the week of March 17. So maybe we should do Diva West the week of January 29. What does everyone think?
March 17 sounds good! I will definitely take off work and join for a day or two.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
For Diva West, are you thinking Saturday, Jan 27 to Sat Feb 3?

shadoj

Angel Diva
Any midwesterners plan on attending east or west divas trip?
Hi @IKam, busy summer Minnesotan here who did DivaEast last year, and will use all my powers to make it happen again! Not sure if West will work out or not this year due to time/budget. I'll be back on these forums quite a bit more in autumn :smile:

IKam

Certified Ski Diva
Hi @IKam, busy summer Minnesotan here who did DivaEast last year, and will use all my powers to make it happen again! Not sure if West will work out or not this year due to time/budget. I'll be back on these forums quite a bit more in autumn :smile:
Do you think you'll drive to Jay Peak or fly? Maybe we can go together since you would have to head east, maybe passing through Illinois? BTW, how many ski days are there or is this that pretty loose?

IKam

Certified Ski Diva
I just looked it up and found that Jay is on Indy, not Ikon. But, I would qualify for the Super Senior Pass. If I go, I should try to purchase the pass by 9/01.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Yes, get the Super Senior! I bought mine before May 1 for $59 Canadian! (Plus a few dollars for Vermont sales tax). However, the ski group I have often done trips with (and they haven't done a trip for several years due to Covid) is going to France that week. So I dunno how everything is going to work out. A real bummer if both ski trips I might want to do conflict. (This happened the year you were at Tremblant - I'm just unlucky I guess - though the Europe trip is far from certain.)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think you'll drive to Jay Peak or fly? Maybe we can go together since you would have to head east, maybe passing through Illinois? BTW, how many ski days are there or is this that pretty loose?

Usually there are three ski days at the selected mountain (Monday-Wednesday), though we could add on another (nearby) destination. Maybe Burke, which is about an hour away, or Smugglers Notch, which is an hour away, too, but in a different direction.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't thought about it at all....but since Jay is so far north, I think it'd make sense to do that the week of March 17. So maybe we should do Diva West the week of January 29. What does everyone think?
I'll be out for west due to month end close, but should be able to make east

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'll be out for west due to month end close, but should be able to make east
Guess you're not a government accountant. It always took us another three weeks to close the books and reconcile the bank stmts! I had tons of vacation time and skied then probably more than I do now! Especially out of the country!
Well, would love to meet you one day but Diva East not in the cards for me....

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
However, the ski group I have often done trips with (and they haven't done a trip for several years due to Covid) is going to France that week. So I dunno how everything is going to work out. A real bummer if both ski trips I might want to do conflict. (This happened the year you were at Tremblant - I'm just unlucky I guess - though the Europe trip is far from certain.)
Similar problem, last year Diva East conflicted with ski club trip to France; this year a trip to Italy may be conflicting with Diva West.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Guess you're not a government accountant. It always took us another three weeks to close the books and reconcile the bank stmts! I had tons of vacation time and skied then probably more than I do now! Especially out of the country!
Well, would love to meet you one day but Diva East not in the cards for me....
Yeah not in government. We do a 5 (business) day close. Still lightyears better than public!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna