• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva East 2019 is Tremblant!

Jilly

Staff member
I'm pretty sure the first two weeks of March are school holidays. I know Quebec has 2 weeks, as different school areas, go at different times. The Ontario break is right after. But I'm not sure about the timing of Ontario break next year. It could the 11-15th or 18-22nd....Also the last week of February is the college and Uni "reading week".

I'll ask some teacher people if they have heard anything. Heaven's they have to book their Florida spots for next year, as soon as they come home in March!! :wink:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Might have to wait a bit for Ontario. I just looked up for Waterloo, and on this year's calendar it states:
School year calendars are developed based on the Education Act and Regulation 304, School Year Calendar. The next year’s calendar is usually finalized and published in late May. It must be approved by the WRDSB and the Ontario Ministry of Education.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
From what I can tell off of the Montreal school board calendars is that:
Feb 8 is a PD Day
March 2 - 9 is March Break

but I know that Quebec has like a million school boards too.

mustski

Angel Diva
We have the same issue in California. I just look up the biggest school districts - those are the ones with impact!

Jilly

Staff member
This video was emailed to all pass holders and is on the website. The kid in the air on skis is my friend's son. 3rd in Canada, that are not on the NexGen or Olympic team!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
As long as it is after March 10th or so, when I get my kids back to college after break, we are good from a timing perspective. So excited as I have never been to Tremblant.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I just posted about this in another thread: The first official ski day will be March 18, the last on March 20. So I plan to arrive on the 17th, probably depart on the 21st. I think we avoid the school vacations that way.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Yes, you'll avoid school vacations. You'll also avoid ME, which I'm extremely sad about. But I am very likely away on a ski trip that week.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you'll avoid school vacations. You'll also avoid ME, which I'm extremely sad about. But I am very likely away on a ski trip that week.

I'm really sorry about that, Skibam. We'll miss you. Unfortunately, these things never work out for everyone.

Jenny

Angel Diva
That stinks! I mean, we're happy you'll be on a trip, but still . . . Glad we got to ski with you and your group this year!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Yeah, it's extremely disappointing to me as that's probably the only week all winter I'll be away. I was hoping to meet lots of Divas and be a "mountain guide." And I know every inch! Oh well, that's the week that was chosen, so it's not to be.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:bump: I'm bumping this up for our newer members, who may have no idea that this is going on. Diva East will be March 17-21. If you're interested and don't yet have enough posts to access the thread about it in our Meet on the Hill section, send me a PM and I can provide more details.

PS: We also have Diva West! This year it's in January at Snowmass!

Ellen Greer

Diva in Training
:bump: I'm bumping this up for our newer members, who may have no idea that this is going on. Diva East will be March 17-21. If you're interested and don't yet have enough posts to access the thread about it in our Meet on the Hill section, send me a PM and I can provide more details.

PS: We also have Diva West! This year it's in January at Snowmass!

Thanks I would definitely be interested, I have the IKON pass so am ready. Look forward to the details

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna