• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
We welcome dogs of all seasons! (And I'm especially partial to Chihuahuas, no matter what they are wearing or doing!) Yours are predictably adorable and kissable.
They really are littermates, and they can be complete brats sometimes, but then, they're Chihuahuas :wink:. I started reading back thru this thread, and saw your little Angel-dog, Sprocket - so sorry he is no longer with you.

I had two other littermate Chi's, Ben and Jerry, before I adopted Luke and Leia. B&J lived 16.5 and 15.5 yrs, and after Ben was gone I realized I had not been without an animal companion for my entire life! I could only tolerate the empty house for about 5 mos...and Chihuahuas are like potato chips: you can't have just one!

newboots

Angel Diva
Yes, I definitely think about getting two the next time. I knew someone with four - and they all slept in a pile on the [dog bed] [couch] [bed] [your favorite pillow].

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Yes, I definitely think about getting two the next time. I knew someone with four - and they all slept in a pile on the [dog bed] [couch] [bed] [your favorite pillow].
I really think it's better for dogs to have canine companions, and not be forced to be so dependent on their human companions for socialization, play, and company, especially when their person is gone often, for work, or whatever. And imagine how frustrating it must be to have to interact only with beings who you can't really communicate with! [PS. Just started listening to How Stella Learned to Talk, by Christina Hunger].

I definitely feel more comfortable leaving the house knowing that they have each other's company while I'm gone. And it's very cute to watch them playing and interacting.

shadoj

Angel Diva
I really think it's better for dogs to have canine companions, and not be forced to be so dependent on their human companions for socialization, play, and company, especially when their person is gone often, for work, or whatever. And imagine how frustrating it must be to have to interact only with beings who you can't really communicate with! [PS. Just started listening to How Stella Learned to Talk, by Christina Hunger].

I definitely feel more comfortable leaving the house knowing that they have each other's company while I'm gone. And it's very cute to watch them playing and interacting.
Agreed, for many dogs. Of course, there are loners who prefer people to other dogs, but again, too little human interaction is definitely not good. Grew up with a handful of huskies, and they were definitely grateful for both "pack" (I use that term loosely) and human interaction. Oh, and they grew their own adorable winter coats, and shed them all over the lawn every spring :D

Much more research nowdays on what dogs (and horses!) are capable of learning language-wise, and there are even electronic buttons that pets can now use to "talk" to their owners.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Yes! The book I mentioned is written by the person (a Speech Language Pathologist) who started the button-speech thing, using buttons that had been invented to help humans with language issues. Stella is her dog, and in the book she also explains how to do this with your own dogs!

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Yes! The book I mentioned is written by the person (a Speech Language Pathologist) who started the button-speech thing, using buttons that had been invented to help humans with language issues. Stella is her dog, and in the book she also explains how to do this with your own dogs!
My daughter loves her videos!

I'd love to add a companion to my little pug/shitzu mix. Instead, we got a lab/golden mix, who is so quintessentially a mix of lab and golden (read: immature), that adding yet another to this pack (we also have a golden doodle) isn't really doable. Although if the right dog comes along...

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
My daughter loves her videos!

I'd love to add a companion to my little pug/shitzu mix. Instead, we got a lab/golden mix, who is so quintessentially a mix of lab and golden (read: immature), that adding yet another to this pack (we also have a golden doodle) isn't really doable. Although if the right dog comes along...
Excuse me @Lmk92 where are your dog pictures and why didn’t I know we had similar breeds?????

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Excuse me @Lmk92 where are your dog pictures and why didn’t I know we had similar breeds?????
He's my first little dog. I've always had bigger ones. We all adore him so much. He's blind, but gosh, sometimes you'd never know it!
Here's my pack (fingers crossed they come through okay - I had to edit them pretty heavily!):

Attachments

• 20211225_123442 2.jpg
    20211225_123442 2.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210916_161019 2.jpg
    20210916_161019 2.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211022_114025 3.jpg
    20211022_114025 3.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 10

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
He's my first little dog. I've always had bigger ones. We all adore him so much. He's blind, but gosh, sometimes you'd never know it!
Here's my pack (fingers crossed they come through okay - I had to edit them pretty heavily!):

I love them!!!! Such wonderful, happy pups. The little guy is such a little gremlin!!!!!! I often ask my pug if he’s a real animal or just some sort of cartoon because he’s so ridiculous.

#threedogclub is the best!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We joked at Christmas that Archie asked Santa for a puppy of his own! Right now he is a tortured soul-- our youngest is at home with their dog Q, and Q just will not play. But Archie will not give up trying. I know he would love to have his own puppy to play with, but I'm not sure the house could withstand the constant rambunctiousness that would ensue. He's an energizer bunny when another dog is around, however when he is an "only child" he is a very calm and well mannered boy.

newboots

Angel Diva
Archie needs a play date! Is there a dog park anywhere nearby?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna