• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
We took Lark mountain biking for the first time today and she did great! Sadly we couldn't do much because the air quality is terrible today, but it was nice to at least get her out & a little familiar with it. She totally got it, it was so satisfying.

View attachment 16329
Yay for Lark…and you for the mountain biking success. Sorry about the air quality :-(

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I was the high bidder at the (virtual) Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation auction for "Have your pet be the face of the Furry 5K" prize. So here's my Reggie and our cat Ruby (RIP). I though it would be nice to have a cat, and she came from SAS. The artists really nailed her likeness. They didn't include Reggie's spots, which is fine--I knew it would be an artist's representation. This makes me smile every time I look at it.

View attachment 15140
Awww, how cool your babies are represented on a poster!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just had to get a picture of Loki after he managed to wrap his leash around both front legs. The color photo was terribly washed out, but this actually turned out pretty well.

IMG_20211010_100458~2.jpg

altagirl

Staff member
The dog trainer we worked with insists that dogs are able to untangle themselves when they get wrapped in their leashes like that, but I, a mere dog training mortal, have never seen any evidence of this.

At dog training, mine learned "back around", which works super well when they are wrapped around a tree or mailbox or street sign.... but the best I've got for this is "pick up your foot" but it's not likely to work in this situation. It helps if one has the other's leash under a leg.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's probably like everything else. If you're patient enough, you can train them to do all kinds of things. I do not have the patience to stand around waiting for them to figure it out, or walk them through the steps infinity times.

Soujan

Angel Diva
The dog trainer we worked with insists that dogs are able to untangle themselves when they get wrapped in their leashes like that, but I, a mere dog training mortal, have never seen any evidence of this.
I have one dog that is an American Eskimo. Super smart and he's able to untangle himself from the leash no problem whether he's wrapped around a pole or if the leash is tangled around his legs or underneath him (he wears a harness). He knows which way to hop to get himself untangled. My other dog, a border collie mix, is not so smart. He's the sweetest dog but the border collie smarts did not get passed along. He has no idea how to untangle himself from around a pole. He will just pull harder instead of going back around the pole.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly