• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

Jenny

Angel Diva
My niece can’t get one yet - she’s finishing her second year of college and then off to apartment living for the next two years, but that might be good info for the future.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Lark had a puppy playdate this past weekend (before we got a foot+ of snow in Boulder). The humans stayed at least 6ft apart but the puppies did not. I will say that it's challenging to socialize a puppy while staying within the spirit of the shelter in place rules. I will also say that Saturday was the cutest thing I've done in a really long time.

DSC01210.jpg

Last edited:

Christy

Angel Diva
That is a great solution. Puppies need their play dates! I hope your pup can make it to one of the Zoom happy hours. :smile:

At the shelter when we have puppies 14 weeks and younger, when that main socialization window is still open, we ask foster parents to go sit outside Seattle's busiest hospital. That way they're going to see all kinds and ethnicities of people, hats, wheelchairs, canes, crutches etc. etc. Luckily we haven't had young puppies lately because of course that is the last place you want to be at the moment.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Lark had a puppy playdate this past weekend (before we got a foot+ of snow in Boulder). The humans stayed at least 6ft apart but the puppies did not. I will say that it's challenging to socialize a puppy while staying within the spirit of the shelter in place rules. I will also say that Saturday was the cutest thing I've done in a really long time.

View attachment 12766
What an adorable picture.

BonStarlet

Certified Ski Diva
I am so happy to have my pup here with me....he was added to the family in November. At 9 months - and with so much time with ....restrictions, he is still worried about kids. Trying to take him places where we might naturally encounter children to normalize them (without looking like a creepy stalker!)***edited to add that the bottom right picture is Mister watching Call of the Wild - he found the movie SO intense :smile:
Mister pics 2.png

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Well, despite the weird time warp I currently feel like we're in where every day somehow takes both forever and 5 seconds, Lark is about 7 months old now.

You should definitely watch this adorable video of her playing with the hose:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JTfEpfLaiN5AqL5J6

Lark and Judah living their best lives in the mountains this past weekend:
lark1.jpg

Looking extra cute so I'll be less mad next time she chases the cat:
lark2.jpg

I have to say that I was not prepared for how much work it is (and how all-consuming it is!) to have a puppy. I feel like we're coming out the other side, though. Lark really is a very good girl.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly