• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No photo- just wanted to share that I am dealing with skunk breath. Coulda been worse, I know. Still trying to figure out how the mutt got skunk breath but not much else.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we figured with all the time we'll be spending at home over the next few weeks (months?) it was a good time to get a new pup. We'd been planning to get one at some point over the summer, anyways, so we really just pushed it up a few months. Our previous dog (RIP Sonora) died in June, and while we've been enjoying not being responsible for a dog, I think we were both starting to feel like it was time for a new dog.

Pretty sure her name is Lark:
IMG_7263.jpg

Christy

Angel Diva
That is awesome and I love the name. At the Seattle animal shelter we are trying to promote the idea that this is an awesome time to get a dog, since so many of us are working at home. The shelter closed to the public but we moved the adoptable dogs into foster homes, and we are allowing adopters make an appointment to go to the shelter to do the paperwork.

How big/old is she?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Awwww love her!! My Zoey is definitely happy to have me home all day, spoiled with extra treats and activity throughout the day lol

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
That is awesome and I love the name. At the Seattle animal shelter we are trying to promote the idea that this is an awesome time to get a dog, since so many of us are working at home. The shelter closed to the public but we moved the adoptable dogs into foster homes, and we are allowing adopters make an appointment to go to the shelter to do the paperwork.

How big/old is she?

We stopped by the Boulder Humane Society on Saturday morning and it was a MADHOUSE (we retroactively felt very guilty for going there in our quest to get a dog). We were apparently not the only ones with the quarantine puppy idea. Later that night we filled out a bunch of applications with rescues and it went pretty quickly from there.

She's just about 3 months old and about 15lbs currently. Not really sure how big to expect her to get... somewhere between 30 and 60lbs is the best guess we have at the moment. :smile: She's some kind of terrier / pit / lab mix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly