• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

Soujan

Angel Diva
I'm so heartbroken right now. Yesterday we put down our dog, Flynn. We adopted him 6 years ago. He was already 9 years old at the time. Last August he suffered a stroke and never fully recovered and was on a steady decline. Walking became a struggle and I tried so many things to make it easier for him so he could keep enjoying his life. I put extra rugs around the house, I built a ramp for him to get in and out of the house, and I would carry him up the stairs to our bedroom ever night. We even go him a wagon so we could pull him along on our walks with our other dog, Kody. Flynn used to follow me everywhere I went in the house and when it got the point where he struggled to get up, he would instead bark, asking me to come back. He reached his 15th birthday this past March. On Tuesday, he suddenly lost use of is hind legs and we made the decision to have him euthanized. As much as he loved me and wanted to be with me, I didn't want him suffering anymore. We decided on at home euthanasia. I spent all of Wednesday and Thursday with him, giving extra hugs and special meals. On Friday, he fell asleep in his bed with me holding him. I am missing him so much.

Attachments

• 355825573_10158954742691710_5910516044734029653_n.jpg
    355825573_10158954742691710_5910516044734029653_n.jpg
    765.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 355842172_10158954742676710_1497892842100186222_n.jpg
    355842172_10158954742676710_1497892842100186222_n.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 355999156_10158954742706710_1854838148650789987_n.jpg
    355999156_10158954742706710_1854838148650789987_n.jpg
    792.2 KB · Views: 7

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I'm so heartbroken right now. Yesterday we put down our dog, Flynn. We adopted him 6 years ago. He was already 9 years old at the time. Last August he suffered a stroke and never fully recovered and was on a steady decline. Walking became a struggle and I tried so many things to make it easier for him so he could keep enjoying his life. I put extra rugs around the house, I built a ramp for him to get in and out of the house, and I would carry him up the stairs to our bedroom ever night. We even go him a wagon so we could pull him along on our walks with our other dog, Kody. Flynn used to follow me everywhere I went in the house and when it got the point where he struggled to get up, he would instead bark, asking me to come back. He reached his 15th birthday this past March. On Tuesday, he suddenly lost use of is hind legs and we made the decision to have him euthanized. As much as he loved me and wanted to be with me, I didn't want him suffering anymore. We decided on at home euthanasia. I spent all of Wednesday and Thursday with him, giving extra hugs and special meals. On Friday, he fell asleep in his bed with me holding him. I am missing him so much.
So sorry for your loss @Soujan :(

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
@ Soujan - I’m so sorry for your loss. Kudos for giving an older dog such a wonderful and loving home for that many years.

I just lost a dear, sweet little cat on June 16. She was about 17. We had her for 14 years, and she was semi-feral when she arrived.

We also adopted an older dog some years ago and gave him a good (I hope) home for 5 years.

The love, both given and received, is real - and so is the pain.

Soujan

Angel Diva
@ Soujan - I’m so sorry for your loss. Kudos for giving an older dog such a wonderful and loving home for that many years.

I just lost a dear, sweet little cat on June 16. She was about 17. We had her for 14 years, and she was semi-feral when she arrived.

We also adopted an older dog some years ago and gave him a good (I hope) home for 5 years.

The love, both given and received, is real - and so is the pain.
I'm sorry yo hear about your cat. Losing your best friend is so hard. It's a struggle to see his empty bed.

Thanks everyone for your support.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, I haven't posted in this thread since Ziggy's passing back in 2019.
Our new(old) pup, is a rescue and came to us with some challenging behavior. She was pretty broken, but we invested in a good dog behaviorist, who immediatly said she lacked confidence and likely was in the rovolving door at the shelter. We spent lots of time training her, took her to agility courses where she got to figure out how to obey me, and pay attention to the task at hand and my commands.
It did wonders and we have a beautiful girl who is such an amazing dog now.
As best we can tell, she is an Australian Stumpy Tail Cattle Dog/Husky mix.

IMG_6871.jpeg

IMG_6873.jpeg

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bless you for adopting an older dog.
This means your time with them is short, but you gave him the best gift of a loving home.
Tears for your loss.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unfortunately we had to euthanise Clipper, our Border Collie at the age of 13 1/2. his back legs started to go, then he keeled over and began fitting. In some way it's a relief as he was at the stage where we couldn't decide whether his quality of life was too bad, but he took that decision into his own paws.

Vet was willing to do at-home euthanasia which was more comfortable for all involved. Now he's working his way through eternity behind the retaining wall where he used to lie and sunbake.clipper.jpg

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unfortunately we had to euthanise Clipper, our Border Collie at the age of 13 1/2. his back legs started to go, then he keeled over and began fitting. In some way it's a relief as he was at the stage where we couldn't decide whether his quality of life was too bad, but he took that decision into his own paws.

Vet was willing to do at-home euthanasia which was more comfortable for all involved. Now he's working his way through eternity behind the retaining wall where he used to lie and sunbake.View attachment 21556
So sorry for your loss! :frown:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna