• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

Christy

Angel Diva
We had our big fundraising auction last night and the chair arranged for a foster parent to bring a litter she is fostering. They auctioned off 10 minutes of play time and it went for $1900. The great part is, you only really need 10 minutes with 8 week old pups before you get tired of being gnawed on.

1667184695493.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
We had our big fundraising auction last night and the chair arranged for a foster parent to bring a litter she is fostering. They auctioned off 10 minutes of play time and it went for $1900. The great part is, you only really need 10 minutes with 8 week old pups before you get tired of being gnawed on.

View attachment 19474
I love this so much!!

Jenny

Angel Diva
As promised, here is the clip of Sookie telling the puppies she loves them.

Sounds to me like Sookie wants a sibling . . .

if you rearrange the buttons, does she still go to the right one for what she wants - meaning, if food was on the end and then you put it in the middle, would she go to the end first, but realize it wasn’t the right word and then find the one she really wanted?

We ended up with a pink and blue, they are both so cute. :smile: I realized that wearing one suit for 14 days would be a bit of a stretch, so bought a second from my vet’s office after the first couple of days. It was helpful to be able to swap out and wash the worn suit every few days.

Good luck for an uneventful surgery and recovery for your pup!
Thanks! I ordered a 2nd suit for that very purpose.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wasn't thinking fast enough to get a photo, but I still need to share the story. Archie is a mooch pooch, and will stand underfoot when I am prepping veggies. Carrots are one of his favourites. Last night I gave him a piece of carrot when I was starting to make dinner. He carried it off to the other room like he usually does when he deems a treat to be extra special. A minute later he came back. He opened his mouth, and dropped the carrot on the floor in front of me. Then he just stood there and looked at me. I stood there and looked back at him. After a minute, I picked the carrot up. I saw nothing wrong with it. A bit slobbery by now, but not soft or bad or anything. I rinsed it off. Then I peeled it and gave it back to him. Off he runs, happy as can be. The mutt actually returned his carrot to me to be peeled!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I wasn't thinking fast enough to get a photo, but I still need to share the story. Archie is a mooch pooch, and will stand underfoot when I am prepping veggies. Carrots are one of his favourites. Last night I gave him a piece of carrot when I was starting to make dinner. He carried it off to the other room like he usually does when he deems a treat to be extra special. A minute later he came back. He opened his mouth, and dropped the carrot on the floor in front of me. Then he just stood there and looked at me. I stood there and looked back at him. After a minute, I picked the carrot up. I saw nothing wrong with it. A bit slobbery by now, but not soft or bad or anything. I rinsed it off. Then I peeled it and gave it back to him. Off he runs, happy as can be. The mutt actually returned his carrot to me to be peeled!
What a cuuuuutie pie! Go Archie!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Adorable!

MissySki

Angel Diva
My foster puppies were adopted at the event today.. and it is way more heart wrenching than I had thought it could possibly be after only a week with them. :cry:

I gave my number to the adopters along with all of my notes on their likes and routine and such. I am hoping so much to get updates.. I’m so happy for them, I’m just super sad for me that I won’t wake up to them at home tomorrow.

Jenny

Angel Diva
My foster puppies were adopted at the event today.. and it is way more heart wrenching than I had thought it could possibly be after only a week with them. :cry:

I gave my number to the adopters along with all of my notes on their likes and routine and such. I am hoping so much to get updates.. I’m so happy for them, I’m just super sad for me that I won’t wake up to them at home tomorrow.
What does Sookie think of their absence?

MissySki

Angel Diva
:hug:You did a brave and kind thing, @MissySki .
Trying to hold onto that..

I did get an update from Mars’ family already. He is settling well and seems very happy playing with his toys, following his new mom around, and getting outside. She also said they’d keep me updated and I should reach out anytime for updates. So that cheered me up a bit. Hoping to hear from Saturn’s family too, but have not yet.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I am sorry that Larsen had to deal with that but your Pet Hall of Shame award is very funny. :smile:

Wondering if anyone has experience with this - Lark has had something that started off as kennel cough (which is I guess just what they call it anytime your dog gets a cold at the kennel, no matter what causes it), but it's been about 6 weeks and she's still sick. We've been through 3 rounds of antibiotics, she's currently on steroids just to make her feel better (she's quite wheezy when not on them), and we're about to start down the path of specialized vets (a vet internist! I feel ridiculous) to scope her lungs etc and see if we can figure out what's going on in there.

If anyone else has had this happen to their pup I'd love to know how you finally got to the bottom of it.

Relatedly, apparently there is also weird respiratory stuff going around in dogs this year. What a weird time we're in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna