• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
951E6D2B-B817-4AAB-997E-0AF29935B99A.jpeg
It’s Ripley! My cousin’s dog. Since I had more time in SF than I necessarily expected, I texted my cousin to see if @gingerjess (who loves children) and I could come meet his new baby. She is a beautiful little girl. But I was just as happy to see little miss Ripley, who is a total sweetheart. I kept threatening to steal her and bring her home with me!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is yoshi. My precious baby. He’s a border terrier.

View attachment 18154

and this is my first client, the gorgeous Alfie. I know he’s not mine but I’ll be walking him often so he’s also my baby lol.

View attachment 18155

If you want to see more follow me on https://Instagram.com/dogwalkswithalice

I hope I’m allowed to post that, I know it’s my business but I’m only offering pics of cute dogs lol
I've followed you (and as many others as I could easily find in this thread) from my cat Instagram account!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Hi, I have a dog-related question. I see a lot of folks who put coats on their dogs in winter. I have some ideas why, but would love to hear from you dog owners if you do and if so, what types of coats you get them and when you decide they are needed.
Mine wear light clothing even if they are inside. I see them shaking and cold. They have many different clothes.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Has anyone got advice for an elderly dog? I have a 12 yo border collie and his back legs are starting to get weak and arthritic; poor boy can't jump in the back of the car anymore, and he got bowled over by a wave down the beach and he couldn't get up again - I honestly thought he had broken a leg.

I've started him on a nutritional supplement called 4Cyte, and the vet has given me some NSAI tablets if he looks like he's in pain (haven't seen that so far). Has anyone else got any advice to help his joints out? I had to put my last boy to sleep when he was 15 as his back legs just went one day, dreading the day I have to do that again.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Has anyone got advice for an elderly dog? I have a 12 yo border collie and his back legs are starting to get weak and arthritic; poor boy can't jump in the back of the car anymore, and he got bowled over by a wave down the beach and he couldn't get up again - I honestly thought he had broken a leg.

I've started him on a nutritional supplement called 4Cyte, and the vet has given me some NSAI tablets if he looks like he's in pain (haven't seen that so far). Has anyone else got any advice to help his joints out? I had to put my last boy to sleep when he was 15 as his back legs just went one day, dreading the day I have to do that again.
Try this. Works great. This one is for my little dog. They make for bigger dogs.

Attachments

• 20220401_165510.jpg
    20220401_165510.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 3

Christy

Angel Diva
Does anyone have these dog hair removers? If they work, and don't get trapped in your washer/dryer mechanism and break it, it seems like a great idea.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
CBDs for dogs have been found to be very effective for arthritis, esp in senior dogs. There are many brands out there now.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
ABA4662A-4F4F-4E02-97EA-26AA3534EDFF.jpeg
Spencer is a week and a half out from his right ACL surgery. The cone that the vet gave him was too small, so we dug out the busted up, thrice duct taped one from his first surgery. It’s the size of a satellite dish! Dr Pugs likes to scritch him and ask if he gets good reception in there.

A8805D51-516E-4BC3-B14A-3C44CF107379.jpegHere’s one of Baxter being a weirdo and napping on my shoe. When we first got him, he was barely the size of Dr Pugs’ sneakers. He just turned 8 last week. He’s still a little baby to me though.

63EB79D5-3C29-4FC3-9F66-DF30CD83AC5B.jpeg

Here’s one of my miracle mutt Pippin who I don’t post as much to social media but who is just as beloved. Pippin is honestly the sweetest, most snuggly boy that ever lived. Everyone who meets my pack ends up falling the most in love with Pippin because he’s the gentlest most loving dog.

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How many of you camp with your dogs?

We camped in the backyard with our pup last night to get him used to the tent. He did great and slept through the night! But he also poked a bunch of holes in the mesh door! I'm going to get his nails dremeled before our for-real camping trip, and also position him more in the center of the tent to prevent this from happening again. He likes to lay on his back and stretch his legs out all over when he sleeps!

I was also considering nail caps, but have seen really mixed reviews on these. A lot of folks complain about them not lasting long, but I really would only need them on for a weekend camping trip, so maybe it would be okay?

Knitjenious

Angel Diva

We camped in the backyard with our pup last night to get him used to the tent. He did great and slept through the night! But he also poked a bunch of holes in the mesh door! I'm going to get his nails dremeled before our for-real camping trip, and also position him more in the center of the tent to prevent this from happening again. He likes to lay on his back and stretch his legs out all over when he sleeps!

I was also considering nail caps, but have seen really mixed reviews on these. A lot of folks complain about them not lasting long, but I really would only need them on for a weekend camping trip, so maybe it would be okay?
We tent camp with our dogs but thankfully have not had trouble with them scratching the tent. We got our second dog last fall so my husband only camped overnight with him once, I think. But our first dog has camped many times.

We belong to a land co-op club so we are able to set up a semi-permanent camp site for the summer, which makes it easy to pop out for a night or weekend -- and easier for the dogs to get used to it. Plud it is pretty spread our so other people are not right near us. The one night we camped somewhere else with our first dog last summer was a music festival and she barked so much all night that husband ended up sleeping in the car with her. :rolleyes:

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've tent camped with my dogs for years, although none ever scratched at the door. We have a huge tent and the 105# dog has plenty of space to stretch out. She goes kayaking with us, too.

I have used PediPaws. It looks like a gimmick, but it works. A Dremel is faster. I think the PediPaws is better for smaller dogs with smaller nails.

Final suggestion, could you block the mesh screen with something? Maybe zip up the door 1/2 way or put something in front of the door?

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Final suggestion, could you block the mesh screen with something? Maybe zip up the door 1/2 way or put something in front of the door?
Ooh I like that idea! I could see getting some stick-on Velcro pieces and having some kind of cloth to cover! Thanks!

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We tent camp with our dogs but thankfully have not had trouble with them scratching the tent. We got our second dog last fall so my husband only camped overnight with him once, I think. But our first dog has camped many times.

We belong to a land co-op club so we are able to set up a semi-permanent camp site for the summer, which makes it easy to pop out for a night or weekend -- and easier for the dogs to get used to it. Plud it is pretty spread our so other people are not right near us. The one night we camped somewhere else with our first dog last summer was a music festival and she barked so much all night that husband ended up sleeping in the car with her. :rolleyes:
I am so happy our pup isn't a barker! He rarely barks and it's usually at the lawn mower! He has some mild anxiety, so I'd expect him to cry all night instead... But I am feeling optimistic after last night!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna