• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

I really do love this thread! Thank you for sharing all of your pics! I cry everytime I read a new post. These babies are SO loved! :love:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
The departed ones are making me cry :Cry: - like pinto's and AnnKH's dear ones. (or maybe I started that trend?)

Listen, we have to expand this category somewhat, please. Some of us have or had some awesome felines, among other interesting and wonderful animals. I might start a thread soon!! Diva Other Pets?

The departed ones are making me cry :Cry: - like pinto's and AnnKH's dear ones. (or maybe I started that trend?)

Listen, we have to expand this category somewhat, please. Some of us have or had some awesome felines, among other interesting and wonderful animals. I might start a thread soon!! Diva Other Pets?

I was just thinking that! Diva Hamsters! Diva Cats! Diva Horses! There are so MANY! :love:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I was just thinking that! Diva Hamsters! Diva Cats! Diva Horses! There are so MANY! :love:
Indeed. I will have a big one-year date coming up in April and need to post a memorial to a special friend...

Well, I think this is a good place for that! :love:

Maybe we could re-name this thread, "DIVA DOGS & FRIENDS!" :noidea:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Milo
Born: 1996
I First Met Him: April 1997
She is a Native of: Colorado, I think.
His Favorite Hobby: Cuddling with his mama!
Hi Absolutely LOVES: Nilla Wafers
Profession: Purr machine
My Favorite Thing to Do With Him: Wake up with him sleeping on my chest purring away.
My Favorite Memory: I have to choose one? I guess watching him adjust to our month in Houston and mom's cat. The way they played together was hilarious. Mom's cat loved to sneak up on him, bat at his butt so he'd go flying through the house with mom's cat close behind.
What we have in common: We both love down comforters!
How we Differ the Most: He can sleep all day!

47b7cf25b3127ccebf74c937a49d00000045130AcsmTNm3aMmLg

47b8dc38b3127cceb51194dc20da00000026100AcsmTNm3aMmLg

alaski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ohhhh....my new favorite thread! Here's my hardworking guy (who is also in my profile pic, natch)

DSC00006_1.jpg

Our ski technique (silly in the backcountry but VITAL at the resort):
DSC00968.jpg

Okay, one more, I can't resist:
Rafi.jpg

rangergrrl

Certified Ski Diva
In order

Annie-12yr old shelter doggie who was kept in chains at her previous "home"

Milo(the whitey)- was my dad's dog that I adopted from a shelter for him. When my dad passed he came to live with me.

Buster- 13yr old who was dropped off at my mom's house in the country. I took him temporarily intending to find him a home...that was 3 years ago. ;-)

Attachments

• annie.jpg
    annie.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 19
  • butters.jpg
    butters.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 3fatties.jpg
    3fatties.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 20
C

CMCM

Here's my baby Jada....

Born April 10, 2006
Hobbies: Sleeping, eating, sleeping, snuggling, sleeping, begging for food, playing with anything handy, did I mention sleeping?
Personality: Mellow little love bug, rarely barks, loves everyone
Goal in Life: To be a lap dog (hard to do at 70 lbs, but she tries!)
Favorite Toys: Anything that squeaks, road cones, stuffed toys
Favorite Food: Pretty much any people food, but most especially hot dogs, ice cream, eggs & bacon
Loves to: lay with her head on your feet
Heritage: Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Worst habit: Begging for food.....when you are eating she sits by you and stares with beseeching brown eyes. Very patient, she knows she'll always get some little goodie.
Best pal: Smokey the kitty cat

Jada at 4 months
Jada-90306sm.jpg

Jada doing her favorite hobby:
Jada-Sleeping-sm.jpg

Christmas photo:
Jada-Santa1.jpg

Jada's best pal, Smokey
Smokey.jpg

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Our "other" dog - he only looks like a cat!

Tinker (named after mtn biker Tinker Juarez, aka Stinky)
Born: 1999
I First Met Him: 6 weeks later
He is a Native of: Michigan
His Favorite Hobby: Cuddling with anyone.
He Absolutely LOVES: Torturing the dogs
Profession: Cuddle kitty and Ruler of the House.
My Favorite Thing to Do With Him: Sleep with him curled up against my back, purring away.
My Favorite Memory: At 6 weeks old, on the first day we had him, he clawed his way up our bedspread to sleep with us on our double pedestal waterbed. It was amazing! He slept in the Kleenex box in my headboard for about 2 months...he was soooo cute. :smile:
What We Have in Common: We both love cheese and cuddling.
How we Differ the Most: He doesn't love snow. What's up with that????? :faint:

8823344817.jpg

8823344885.jpg

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love that post, we have one of those catdogs too. The neighbors call her killer because she attacks their dogs for fun. :noidea: oh and leaves her dead animals on their doorstep not ours. She is so weird.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The funniest thing? If we're outside with the dogs he'll stand at the screen door and howl until we either all come back in, or we put him on the leash and bring him out too! (:redface: Yes, he has his own harness and leash :redface: )

SouthernSkier

Certified Ski Diva
In Memory of Nina
Born: October 31, 1998 (estimate)
Died: October 8, 2005 of cancer. She had a bone cancer on the back of her skull, which we had removed and went through chemo. She survived for 1.5 years after before it spread through her body and into her lungs.
I first met her: She was a stray and forced her way into my house following an ice storm. We took her to the vet, and she was so covered with deer ticks that she was anemic.
She is a native of: North Carolina
Her favorite hobby: Swimming. She is a really good swimmer, and easily out swims my parent's labs.
She absolutely LOVES: All things sweet.
Profession: Cuddler.
My favorite thing to do with her: Hiking and swimming. She never tires out, and can swim or hike for hours on end.
My favorite memory: Our last hike in the mountains (August 10, 2005). The doctor said he had seen dogs with as much cancer in their lungs unable to sit up and breath, but she made it through 6 miles and would have kept going if we didn't stop.
What we have in common: Everything - she is my doggie soul mate.
How we differ the most: She likes to stick her head out the window when we drive, while I like to keep mine inside the car.

Nina%20at%20Lake%20Edge.JPG.jpg

Nina swimming. This was about two months before she passed away.

IMG_0120.JPG.jpg

Nina and my nephew hanging out

IMG_0163.JPG.jpg

Diving into the lake

IMG_0213.JPG.jpg

Nutmeg and me on our last hike

IMG_0233.JPG.jpg

Nina resting on our bed

Oh Southern Skier! Nina has the most beautiful eyes! I'm so sorry for your loss....and SO happy she touched your life forever. I'm very touched by your post. :love:

SouthernSkier

Certified Ski Diva
Nutmeg
Born: February 7, 2005 (estimate)
I first met her: At a dog rescue
She is a native of: North Carolina
Her favorite hobby: Hiking. She loves to get "out and about".
She absolutely LOVES: To shred toys
Profession: Guard dog.
My favorite thing to do with her: Hiking. She loves the woods and all the smells.
My favorite memory: Our first hike. She had so much fun.
What we have in common: We both like the outdoors
How we differ the most: She likes to drink out of puddles, while I prefer fresh water. She will actually walk by her water bowl, go outside, and drink from a puddle.

IMG_0386.JPG.jpg

Nutmeg's first birthday. Yes, we do the candle and cake thingy for her birthdays

IMG_0403.JPG.jpg

Taking a nap

Christmas_0819.jpg

Chewing up another toy. It is all about getting to the squeaky inside.

WRAL%20Gardens_1026.jpg

Nutmeg at an azalea garden

Panthertown_1226.jpg

Nutmeg guarding our tent

Christmas_1551.jpg

She likes her morning coffee

Matthew%20Scott_0710_Edited.jpg

Playing ball with my son

C

CMCM

Oh, what a sweetie Nina was....she must have some Staffordshire in her...the brindle coat, the white markings, those "people" eyes....they greatly resemble my Jada's. I'm so sad for you that she's gone....she looked like such a sweetheart....

Nutmeg looks adorable...I'm glad you found her. I love rescue dogs....they just want to be loved. A puddle drinker, huh! Jada does that too....ummmmm, that icky brown puddle water....yum! Forget the fresh water!

SouthernSkier

Certified Ski Diva
Oh Southern Skier! Nina has the most beautiful eyes! I'm so sorry for your loss....and SO happy she touched your life forever. I'm very touched by your post. :love:
Thanks, NVG - she was a wonderful dog. I'm just glad I got to know her.
Oh, what a sweetie Nina was....she must have some Staffordshire in her...the brindle coat, the white markings, those "people" eyes....they greatly resemble my Jada's. I'm so sad for you that she's gone....she looked like such a sweetheart....
Yes, she was a pit bull mix - at least that is what the vet told us when we took her in, and I never really saw anything in her physique to doubt that. That was the first time I'd really been around a pit bull, and I remember my first reaction when the vet told us that - "we can't keep her". Well, we obviously did, and I'm so glad! She was the sweetest dog I've ever been around. She never met a person or dog she didn't love.
Nutmeg looks adorable...I'm glad you found her. I love rescue dogs....they just want to be loved. A puddle drinker, huh! Jada does that too....ummmmm, that icky brown puddle water....yum! Forget the fresh water!
Kind of gross, eh? Every now and then she gets an "upset" stomach - it gurgles and growls, and she doesn't eat for a day or so. I'm sure she picked up something from one of those puddles!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna