• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My dogs: 2 Aussies, Sweetie and Aslan

YEA! more red Aussies! I love me a Red Merle :yahoo: Zoey's a red tri and my daughter has one of her brothers, also a red tri. I'm going to wait til she's a bit older before I go looking for another.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
YEA! more red Aussies! I love me a Red Merle :yahoo: Zoey's a red tri and my daughter has one of her brothers, also a red tri. I'm going to wait til she's a bit older before I go looking for another.

Zoey is beautiful! I love reds. But then again, I love all Aussies.

mollmeister

Angel Diva
I am just seeing this thread now, but I <3 Kadie. My mom had a Brindle Scottie named Pepper starting when I was in middle school, though college, and she might just have been the sweetest dog ever.
:smile:

snowmiser

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My girl Roxy

I always love the dog threads! :smile:

We rescued Roxy at the end of last ski season - Early March. She came from a Detroit puppy mill. She was 1-1/2 and had already had two litters. She has a massive c-section scare on her belly.

She's the ultimate gentle giant.

We're surprised by her amazing hunting ability. She gets moles all of time in the summer and yesterday she let us know that there was a huge, very pregnant raccoon in our chimney!

I took her skiing with me on Friday! What a blast! I should have taken some video. She pulled me all the way to the bunny hill and then chased me up the magic carpet and back down the hill several times. A friend who I teach with brought her dog too, but she cut her paw on my friends newly tuned skis! :(.

snowmiser

https://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/snowmiser/?action=view&current=picofRoxy004.jpg

I am just seeing this thread now, but I <3 Kadie. My mom had a Brindle Scottie named Pepper starting when I was in middle school, though college, and she might just have been the sweetest dog ever.
:smile:

Ah....once a Scottie lover....always a Scottie Lover! That's 3 things we have in common now!!! Skiing, Colorado & Scotties! I love it!
:love:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I posted some of these on epic ... current dog is 1/2 lab, 1/4 german shepherd, and 1/4 uh can't remember ... aussie I think. Her name is Moki, and she was my brother's dog until a couple of years ago. Our dog had died, and they had twin toddlers and another dog, and Moki needed more love and attention than the busy family could provide. So we adopted her, and she's the best. LOVES snow so much. You might see us out on the Copper golf course throwing (and chasing) snowballs after ski days.

moki2.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

I have to give it to Remy, too ... he was our Irish Setter who died (bowel obstruction ... got into the trash and ate a corncob :( ). We had him before I was digital, so this is the only non-print photo I have. But it is a blast owning an Irish Setter, because EVERYONE had one when they were a kid. Or so it seems.

Easter2004006.jpg

Ah, Pinto. Beautiful pics! Very sad about Remy. I'm sorry.

Your "kids" (inclulding your "human" kids) are just beautiful! :D

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
hmmmm, not sure if I think that's weird. the white sweater is pretty, though, nice knitting work.

mollmeister

Angel Diva
Here's my fur baby, Lucy.
IMG_8222.jpg

Exhausted after hiking up Mt. Audubon
IMG_8220.jpg

Hiking with me and son #1
lucyindianpeaks.jpg

Tentatively sharing the back of the car with backpacking gear. She likes to go on the adventures, but she HATES it when stuff falls on her in the car:
IMG_8226.jpg

She's half-boxer and half a mystery dog, very much a boxer at heart-- very friendly, very gentle with the children. She was our special, only baby for 3 years before our oldest was born, so she sometimes looks at me like, "what happened to my special time, snuggling with you on the bed?" And sometimes, with two small children, I wonder what we were thinking, getting a big dog! Middle-of-the-night doggies intestinal problems are not my *friend.*

But mostly she is a big, sweet baby.

She's from the Boulder Humane Society (www.boulderhumane.org), which is an AWESOME facility I highly recommend to any Coloradans looking for dogs. It's so nice and has such a good reputation that people bring dogs from all over (even other states), so they get some pretty cool animals! (Plus, you can drool over the dogs online. :smile: )

snowmiser

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Harlequin Great Dane "Roxy"

I just realized that I hadn't added the photo's correctly to my previous post.

This is Roxy!

picofRoxy002.jpg

picofRoxy004-1.jpg

picofRoxy005.jpg

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
2 great dogs books I've read (my sister knows what I like):

Marley and Me (I hear it's also becoming a movie)

Merle's Door (great for us outdoorsy dog lovers)

AnnKH

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My dogs: Topper, Cardigan Welsh Corgi
Born: July 2001
Natives of: Missoula, MT
He loves: Grapefruit, sleeping between DH and I, playing "Find it" with his favorite chew toy
Occupation: Protecting the house from evil squirrels and sparrows
Best Memory: We took him to Itasca, where my sons waded down the Mississippi River at its headwaters. Topper doesn't like to swim, but he felt obligated to keep an eye on the boys, so he followed them - ears flat and determined (but unhappy) the whole time!

TopperLR.jpg

Crossing the Mississippi:
itasca.jpg

My dogs: Jack
Born: September 1990
Died: Surrounded by his loving family, Dec 2003
Native of: Minnesota
He loved: Water in any form (even sprinklers), fetching anything
Best Memory: The day we brought our twins home from the hospital, Jack literally grinned, and couldn't stop wagging his tail. It was as if he was saying "NOW I know what the excitement is all about - we had PUPPIES!" He adored the children, and they could do anything to him.

Jack1.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna