• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I'm not a big dog person, but I don't think that's a pug . . .

:laughter:
I think my limit is one pug at a time, even if I love them... the pug is amazing but OH MY GOD he's 4 and still not fully housebroken.

Jenny

Angel Diva
:laughter:
I think my limit is one pug at a time, even if I love them... the pug is amazing but OH MY GOD he's 4 and still not fully housebroken.
Is that normal? How long do they live? I mean, do you have an extended toddler non-housebroken period, followed by a couple of good years, and then a long senior dog used-to-be-housebroken period?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Is that normal? How long do they live? I mean, do you have an extended toddler non-housebroken period, followed by a couple of good years, and then a long senior dog used-to-be-housebroken period?

I think mine is one of the defective ones. It's pretty typical for pugs to be able to be housebroken, but it's also not that unusual for pugs to not be fully housebroken. My guy seems to have taken the latter route and tends to mark as a dominance thing, so we buy enzymatic cleaner (aka Nature's Miracle Urine Destroyer) in bulk. However, he just got over a UTI so he definitely is marking less - he was letting out little trickles of pee all the time last month, poor dude!

It's worth mentioning that his incredible temperament and personality is worth all the pee. He's really the funniest, most adorable little dude.

newboots

Angel Diva
My Chihuahua Sprocket pretends to be one of those senior dog used-to-be-housebroken types, but I’m not sure he ever completely was. Now that he’s 17, we just keep a “training” pad in the bathroom and hope for the best.

newboots

Angel Diva
@altagirl - we are sitting here in front of the fire loving that photo. I wish my Chi had a dog friend who would hug him!

altagirl

Staff member
I always think of Dharma of "Dharma and Greg" (TV sitcom). Dharma had a dog. And Dharma's dog had a dog.
I totally remember that and tried to use that logic on my husband as reasoning to get more dogs. He wasn't buying it, unfortunately

MissySki

Angel Diva
super cute!! Waffles is a great name and I love JRTs!

I think waffles would be so great for a fawn pug! It’s on my list of potentials when I get more someday! Along with pickles.. My fiancé doesn’t understand why I’m so keen on naming a dog after food, though these are some of my favorite foods and ones that he hates so.. :rotf:

altagirl

Staff member
I think waffles would be so great for a fawn pug! It’s on my list of potentials when I get more someday! Along with pickles.. My fiancé doesn’t understand why I’m so keen on naming a dog after food, though these are some of my favorite foods and ones that he hates so.. :rotf:
The Chi is named Cantaloupe. And my other dog is Ginger. We have a tasty breakfast running around the house.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

newboots

Angel Diva
All Sprocket wants to do is lay by the fire. He sits and whines until we light a fire. He immediately curls up, and spends the day.

If there’s no fire, he is in front of the toe-kick heater in the kitchen. A5AF0334-7484-4123-AB1A-1C3C92F6DAA9.jpegE105AE5E-D9E7-45C4-A885-C637284DEC4A.jpegBB2D36AC-09C7-41E2-AD6C-E29E15B4372E.jpeg

In the warm weather he will run around outside, but this is his winter hobby. Sweet old boy.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sprockets has you trained well. :tongue: But he looks so sweet in his wrap, good ol' boy. He's earned his fire.

It's hard to believe my Dolly will be 10 this year.

newboots

Angel Diva
Sprockets has you trained well. :tongue: But he looks so sweet in his wrap, good ol' boy. He's earned his fire.

It's hard to believe my Dolly will be 10 this year.

It’s sweet when they get older and it’s all about the love. He does get really excited about spring (racing around outside in circles), food, and of course, the fire. He will be 18 on Labor Day (est.)!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna