• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dissent Snow GFX Compression Hybrid Socks

KBee

Angel Diva
I'm replacing a pair of these, and am going to get two pair. I now realize how much I depend on them! They are thin, tight, and hard to put on and remove, but they really make a huge difference in boot fit and comfort. They seem very small, but it works. I used to use them just when I had a lot of water weight swelling my feet, but now I feel that I have better ski days when I use these. They also reduce some numbness that hasn't been resolved with adjusting boots. They say they're anti-odor, but that's not working for me. They are worth every penny. I LOVE them.

newboots

Angel Diva
Wow! Interesting, and good to know!

I was given a pair of compression socks (samples from Sockwell that were too many for the store). Maybe I'll try them. They are a size too small, but I did get them on my feet without much trouble.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pair of compression socks for flights. I bought them after a scary flight from Korea where the seat was so high in that particular plane that my feet didnt touch the floor all the way. So my ankles swelled up so big.
I cant say if they work really Ive only been on short flights since. They are too thick to be ski socks and they make my feet too hot.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wear compression socks when I ski. Getting them on in the morning takes time. It's the worst part of getting dressed to ski. But I love them and will continue to put up with the struggle to get the darn things on.

sk8ski

Certified Ski Diva
Hmm any idea how compression socks work for those with Morton's neuroma? I haven't had symptoms for several years now, but it is due to getting custom ice skating boots, and being super-careful in what shoes I wear. Nothing should be squeezing the ball of my foot.

I'm on the lookout for extra-super-thin socks for skiing that would provide some warmth and wicking. Currently I both ice skate and ski using nylon trouser socks (knee-high).

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Morton's Neuroma in my right foot. My bootfitter put a little shim on the underside of my footbed to fix the Neuroma, and that worked. My stipid-tight compression socks do not activate any pain at all. But that's me, not everyone.

Let the liner of your boots provide warmth. Add boot heaters of some sort if you need them, and boot gloves. Do not rely on socks for warmth. They need to breathe and wick, that's all.

sk8ski

Certified Ski Diva
Aah, boot gloves! Thank you!! Didn't know they exist for skiing boots! I started wearing the skating equivalent when I was teaching tots group lessons (and thus standing around in place a lot), and they did make my toes feel better!

My toes so far were ok in skiing boots - until yesterday, that is, when I spent probably 1.5 hours in my boots without skis, just traipsing around helping daughter get comfortable on the snow. Toes were solid frozen. Did feel better when started moving a bit.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My toes so far were ok in skiing boots - until yesterday, that is, when I spent probably 1.5 hours in my boots without skis, just traipsing around helping daughter get comfortable on the snow. Toes were solid frozen. Did feel better when started moving a bit.
Your toes should not be totally frozen in ski boots, ever. Here are some things you can do to keep this from happening. First, wear thin socks and only one pair. The liners of the boots should keep you warm, but they don't for some people. Thick socks and/or two pair of socks impair your control over the skis, which is a safety issue.

images
You can stick these on the TOP of your socks over your toes, then slowly, carefully, slide your feet into the boot so as to not fold the toe warmer. Do NOT stick them to the bottom of your sock, as the package says. The designer of the package obviously does not ski. Buy them by the box if you ski often and rely on them. Cheap ones are available at Costco at the start of winter, until they run out.

Hotronics will keep your feet warm too. Buy them in a ski shop and they will install them for you, maybe for free, maybe for a small fee. Take your boots with you. Buy the after-market clip that keeps the batteries locked onto your boots; the clips that come with the original package are worthless. You don't want to lose the batteries getting off the chair.
images

Boot gloves help retain whatever warmth is in the boot. There are different manufacturers who make these. I like the ones that have the under-boot-strap under the arch of the boot. They don't wear out as fast.
Boot_-_3_-_for-web_bf126690-7b2f-48ae-9b78-b92bd7e291a6_110x110@2x.jpg

Duct tape over the opening at the toes helps keep the wind out. It sometimes sneaks in at the spot where the two flaps converge.
1577717252352.jpg

Last edited:

sk8ski

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you @liquidfeet for an awesome summary of all the options - since yesterday night with some forum searching I came across all of these, but this is a great post to have the info in one place!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmm any idea how compression socks work for those with Morton's neuroma? I haven't had symptoms for several years now, but it is due to getting custom ice skating boots, and being super-careful in what shoes I wear. Nothing should be squeezing the ball of my foot.

I'm on the lookout for extra-super-thin socks for skiing that would provide some warmth and wicking. Currently I both ice skate and ski using nylon trouser socks (knee-high).

I often wear compression socks. The Smartwool ones I usually wear aren't that tight over the foot, more so up through the calf. So far the neuroma doesn't react to the socks. Pretty much the same odds of wearing with compression socks or regular ultra thin Smartwool socks.

I fly with a light compression sock. I don't always have issues but had to fight my way back into Merrell clogs one trip. So compression socks since then.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish Bombas would make ski socks. I love their other athletic socks.
You’re so right. I’m a fan of Bombas too. A ski so k would be great. To add, I just wore Boody’s socks to the gym for the first time and they’re so nice I placed another order.

newboots

Angel Diva
My son-in-law and granddaughter got matching Elmo Bombas socks for Christmas!
B3CAFA8C-02AF-45A0-A11F-8C79BA1E5F4A.jpeg
Sorry sideways. :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly