• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Discounts on Golf Clubs

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What are the tricks to saving money when buying new clubs? Is there a standard production cycle -- i.e , models are updated every year or two -- or is it random?

In another thread, I mentioned the Callaway Reva line of clubs. Reva was released in fall of 2020. In online searches, I haven't seen any discounts anywhere. If changes could be coming out this fall, it may benefit me to wait until then and either get the latest, greatest model at full price or a discount on the 2020 model.

With women's clubs being such a small subset of the market, do we even see significant discounts?

altagirl

Staff member
I was talking to my instructor, who also works at a shop and he said sales are up so much they can't keep anything in stock. So I doubt there will be serious sales on much this year?

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I heard that the current problem is with the supply chain. They can't get any stock.

Talked to a golfer friend in Portland last night. He plays with Callaway clubs. He said he thinks they do updates annually.

If I'm going to pay full price, I want to support a local golf shop. Worst case for me is to order clubs and be waiting for their arrival whenever. And for them to arrive in the same shipment with the new model!

altagirl

Staff member
I heard that the current problem is with the supply chain. They can't get any stock.

Talked to a golfer friend in Portland last night. He plays with Callaway clubs. He said he thinks they do updates annually.

If I'm going to pay full price, I want to support a local golf shop. Worst case for me is to order clubs and be waiting for their arrival whenever. And for them to arrive in the same shipment with the new model!
He was telling me that an example of the supply chain problem is that they are ONLY able to produce 130% of last year and orders are up 180%. So kind of a supply chain problem but more due to crazy demand issues.

I don't know how accurate that is but...

altagirl

Staff member
Also I agree with supporting your local shops whenever possible. I started with a set from a pawn shop and love the iron so have just bought individual clubs for my driver, fairway wood, hybrid and wedges... All from my local shop.

kiki

Angel Diva
Sometimes Costco carries sets for a reasonable price. There will not be many deals to be found this year as there is a huge supply shortage. Getting a second hand set is often a good choice, my hubby got some on Facebook marketplace

elemmac

Angel Diva
What are the tricks to saving money when buying new clubs?
A little late for this year, but I've picked up some clubs on Father's Day sales that have saved me a good chunk of money.

If you're buying full price items at a local shop, it never hurts to ask if they have any sales coming up (basically a very polite way of asking for a discount). If they do, many places will go ahead and give you a discount ahead of time.

NMSkierNowInNH

Diva in Training
The best place online (I think) to get fantastic prices on clubs is: Rock Bottom Golf. Also, if you sign up for their emails you will be informed of upcoming sales... Some of which are huge amounts off! I bought a brand new in the box full set (17 piece) of mid-handicap, "game improvement" clubs including matching stand bag & shipping for under $200!! The MSRP on this set via manufacturers website is like $599 if I recall correctly!! Sale of the century! They sell clubs, balls, accessories, electronic gear, push carts, golf bags, clothing, shoes, etc... Highly recommend them!

Also, if you're a new to the game player... You DON'T need to spend hundreds of dollars on a set of new clubs! You can often get a nice, new set at a big box store or on Ebay for around $100. On Ebay, if you really look, you can sometimes find full sets perhaps used only 3 or 4 times that are just like new for unbelieveably low prices! If you're that new to the game, you won't know the difference between a full set of basic clubs driver and a brand new Callaway Maverick driver other than cost... About $500 difference! The Callaway will NOT magically get you 250 yds off the tee compared to the basic set driver that gets you a 150 yds! When you're new to the game focus on correctly gripping, swinging (correctly holding & use of arms), weight transfer through swing, follow through, how to hold your head, when to use which clubs, etc... Once you have a good grip on how to play & have become consistent in your swing... Then perhaps consider upgrading clubs to a big name fitted set that will cost you some big $$! Prepare to spend at least $1000k on a new, full set of big name fitted clubs!

Most of all... Just enjoy the game & have fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly