• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Differences between Santa Ana, Kenja, and Secret

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think @Analisa has given you a more comprehensive run-down on the stats and skis than I could, but from a personal level:

Me: 5'2"ish, 120lb. Solidly intermediate with aspirations of being an advanced skiier.

The 2019 Yumis are, in a word, 'turny'. They turn whenever you think you want them to. They are also forgiving as anything. However, I was put off speed on crustier days by the amount of chatter.
The 2019 Kenjas are tanks. They turn when you TELL them to. They are chargers, like to be driven, they do NOT like you to be hesitant and hang back, but they make you feel like you can just GO because they are so stable (stop, on the other hand, is effort...as is "turn sharply in a hurry"...)
I falter on these in steeper off piste moments - they drive me and can be a little terrifying because I feel like I can't turn sometimes, particularly in that nasty combination of steep ungroomed moguls with a bunch of tussock and rock around. This is, however, a function of my skiing rather than my skis, and I probably would ski the same regardless of what I'm clipped into - this was supposed to be something I worked on this year, but Covid put paid to that.

I demo'd the 2020 Kenja 88s in 2019 - they also like to be driven, and I would say are also an absolute blast on groomers. I had the same struggles in soft, ungroomed moguls as I did with the 2019 version. I haven't been able to ski them back to back - and it is worth noting I was closer to 110lb and less confident (but fitter than this season) in 2019.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly