• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Did I buy wrong size ski!?

Kgruns123

Diva in Training
Hello! I snagged a really great deal on new Nordica Santa Ana 93s and the only size they had was 151 which is the size my current skis are (atomic century from 2015 I think) … I’m 5’4 145lbs intermediate Utah skier … when I got the Santa Ana home hubby was like those are way too small! It jumps from 151 to 158 … did I completely get wrong size?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm 5'1" and 115 lbs and have the Santa Ana 93s in a 161 (they didn't come in a 158 the year I bought them). I think it skis short because it has so much tip rocker, so yeah, they may be short for you.

That said, if you ski them and you're happy, that's what counts.

BTW, it's a great ski.

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva
I range from 148 - 160 cm; the 148 will get sold after this season if it doesn't turn into rock skis...
and I'll probably keep my lengths around mid-150s to early-160s. Main ski is 158 cm.

I'm a beginner, probably will stay green/easy blues, 5' 1" tall, and usually hover around 130 lb.

Longest I rode was a demo— 162 cm Rossignol Rallybird, 102 underfoot on a powder day, and I was able to handle it on a green trail.

Can you swap to the longer length? Even if you have to pay for shipping, I'd consider it. You don't really want to suffer through the "I should have gotten a longer one" until the ski lives out its lifespan or you are ready to spend more to get another.

158 cm isn't that long for your height at all - I'd consider swapping if you think you'll outgrow it. The 148 cm ski, I knew the first time I went out on it that it was too short.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Hello! I snagged a really great deal on new Nordica Santa Ana 93s and the only size they had was 151 which is the size my current skis are (atomic century from 2015 I think) … I’m 5’4 145lbs intermediate Utah skier … when I got the Santa Ana home hubby was like those are way too small! It jumps from 151 to 158 … did I completely get wrong size?
Did they have the lower version? If so, I would swap them.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Welcome! Can you give us some examples of favorite runs? Are they all groomers or are you going into the ungroomed as well? There are times when "intermediate" in the Rockies isn't what people expect.

151 seems on the short side given your stats.

For another data point, I'm an older, advanced skier, petite at 5'0", 110 lbs and I have enjoyed skis in the mid-90s at 160cm plus/minus 5cm. When I was an adventurous intermediate a dozen years ago, mid-150s was the right length for skis that were around 80 underfoot. Demo'ing at Alta in April over several years I learned that mid-160s was too long for wide skis until I spent a few years taking lessons and practicing fundamentals to improve technique off-piste.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Welcome. I am ur height. I have the santa ana 95 girl skis at 160cm❤️ them. 151 may work for u until u get to intermediate -advanced lvl. Lmk if u want 2 take some turns.

Covie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nordica’s size range just feels off to me. The ski I’m looking at comes in 2 options: too long and too short!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd go longer if you are anything more than low intermediate. I ski my friend's older version (which I have verified is the full titanal) in a 161cm which is really a little long for me especially on steeper ungroomed snow, and demoed 2022 in 158cm which worked well. I'm 5'2" (or at least can round up to that) and 115ish lb, although by the time I have my warm jacket, snacks, water and gear on probably add up to 130lb fully loaded.

Nordica’s size range just feels off to me. The ski I’m looking at comes in 2 options: too long and too short!
I felt like that about the previous lengths available for the Santa Ana 93, it was either 153 (too short) or 161 (too long)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna