• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Design Your Fantasy Ski Resort

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Now things are out of our hands and resort skiing is done for the season, I think we need a fun diversion: How about designing our ultimate ski resort? What would you include, if you ran the zoo? What would you leave out? Have at it, Divas!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Still to be invented, but all surfaces would be germ repellent and self cleaning, so you wouldn’t have to worry about touching stuff.

And I’d like those in my house, too.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll play!
1. At least 30 feet of snow a year (preferably double that).
2. Temperature is always -5 Celsius to -10 Celsius - cold enough for good snow, not so cold the snow gets sticky and/or you don't want to ski. Never gets to freeze/thaw conditions (will allow some of this in late spring but not until April).
3. No affiliation with ikon, mountain collective, epic etc to keep crowds to a minimum.
4. Fall line runs.
5. Good beginner area so cat tracks aren't full of people doing slow loopy turns and being terrified by irritable skiers going past them.
6. Plenty of loos for the ladies.
7. A male population who only pee out of sight of the run and never where I might see it. Honestly, there's a section where you put your skis back on after a short hike that's just - well yuck.
8. At least a 1 mile vertical.
9. An educated clientele who've either all done at least 1 avalanche safety course and have the appropriate gear or don't go out of bounds if they haven't.
10. Decent terrain park with its own lift - not something I'm going to use but keeps riders who want to do this kind of thing in their own area.
11. Multi aspect to allow for sheltered skiing if the wind gets up.
12. Fast, efficient lift system.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Paved parking lots that are relatively close to the main lodge.
A base lodge with a fireplace on all levels (like Pico!)
Tasty food with a wide selection of items (like Deer Valley)
Restrooms on the level that you can access from the snow, so you don't have to trudge up and down in boots. Also water stations on the main level/easy access.
Any steps would be those shallow/wide steps that are easy to use in ski boots.
A single chair (like MRG)
Any 6pack or greater chairs/gondolas would have managed lines.
A few ungroomed greens and ungroomed blues so that it's easy to make the progression from groomed to ungroomed. These would be clearly marked at the trail head so that nobody would accidentally get in over their head.
Separate beginner area from the rest of the mountain (like Sunapee) so beginners don't have to worry about faster skiers jetting by them.
Option of a sit down restaurant either at the base or on mountain to give those who don't like the crowds of cafeteria dining the option to escape them.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For lifts that only serve harder terrain, a mandatory ability test to get a tag before allowed to load. Similar to how you have to take a belay test at an indoor climbing gym before allowed to belay in the facility. Or a swim test before a kid is allow in the deep end of a clearly divided pool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna