• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Demo days in New England 21/22?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It looks like an odd mix of both? In any case, not their usual. There is usually pretty good representation for all major brands, and the local Parlor as well. I just looked at the Wawa site, and they have nothing under their events page, and on the Mountainside (the shop) page it says "The Companies expected to be present at the event include Atomic, Head, MTNside, Kastle, Rossignol, Salomon and Volkl." There is also a link for more info, but that link is not working. But weather forecast for Saturday is not the best in any case.

marzNC

Angel Diva
It looks like an odd mix of both? In any case, not their usual. There is usually pretty good representation for all major brands, and the local Parlor as well. I just looked at the Wawa site, and they have nothing under their events page, and on the Mountainside (the shop) page it says "The Companies expected to be present at the event include Atomic, Head, MTNside, Kastle, Rossignol, Salomon and Volkl." There is also a link for more info, but that link is not working. But weather forecast for Saturday is not the best in any case.
Sounds like there will be demo skis, but no guarantee what brands will actually show up.

One April for the Alta Demo Day, the weather was terrible. Way too warm. Most of the brand reps showed up anyway but a few decided it wasn't worth the effort. Then it snowed . . . a lot . . . and stay cool. The next Saturday there was essentially a very low key demo day with 6-8 tents. DPS is local so I know they were there. Since it wasn't planned, it was relatively easy to get skis of interest.

Soujan

Angel Diva
Demo Days at Sugarbush

Parlor - January 15, 2022
Stockli - January 22, 2022
Black Crows - February 12, 2022

Too bad I don't live closer. I would want to go to all of these. Burton and Never Summer will also be demoing snowboards.

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
Demo Days at Sugarbush

Too bad I don't live closer. I would want to go to all of these. Burton and Never Summer will also be demoing snowboards.
Now this is interesting! Esp since Stockli demos are hard to find. Maybe tack Jan 22 at Sugarbush onto Diva East, esp for those with Ikon pass? Sugarbush (to Loon to ski there Sunday) or 2 days at Sugarbush then on to Bretton Woods are each 2h 15min on secondary roads, which is manageable if weather OK. Any interest?

newboots

Angel Diva
Now this is interesting! Esp since Stockli demos are hard to find. Maybe tack Jan 22 at Sugarbush onto Diva East, esp for those with Ikon pass? Sugarbush (to Loon to ski there Sunday) or 2 days at Sugarbush then on to Bretton Woods are each 2h 15min on secondary roads, which is manageable if weather OK. Any interest?
That had just crossed my mind as I read the original post, but I have no business trying to ski on Stöcklis!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I have no business skiing Stocklis but I’d love to meet up then!

Zard

Certified Ski Diva
Ok demoed Stratton Saturday. Tough conditions, elan, head and since the Solomon rep didn’t come, they let me try Rossignol.

some other dates coming up
PICO Mountain When: January 19, 2022 - January 20, 2022
Stratton EWSRA ON SNOW DEMO FEB 1-FEB 3 2022

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Demo Days at Sugarbush

Stockli was at Sunday River’s demo a few weeks ago. They are harder to find, but sadly only had the smallest sizes for women. Wonder if that will change for this demo.

Black Crows….Ooh, that is super hard to find. Thought process churning on how to make that happen!

Soujan

Angel Diva
Windham Mountain will have Stockli demo days on February 12th & 13th

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna