• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Demo Day (3/5/2022) - mid-fat (+1 frontside) in squishy slush

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Drills in a foot+ of powder? I'll be up floundering around in it and can text you. The only drill I'll be doing is yelling at myself to "stand up!" :laughter:

The way this season is going, I will believe the snow totals when I see it. LOL If there is some powder stashes left on Thursday, I will explore, but I need to continue to fix some fundamental issues that constantly plague me.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The way this season is going, I will believe the snow totals when I see it. LOL If there is some powder stashes left on Thursday, I will explore, but I need to continue to fix some fundamental issues that constantly plague me.
We say that every time it's supposed to snow because yeah, we get skunked a lot! It's supposed to snow all day and into the evening tomorrow so I anticipate at the very least lots of soft snow and gates opening.

floatingyardsale

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was skied off soft crud to ball bearings to boilerplate to scraped off hard-pack--all in two turns. Granted we went in the afternoon because the sun came out but left after three runs. If conditions are such that I start skiing super defensively and revert back to bad old habits I'm working on kicking, it's time to pack it up and leave.

I'm debating getting a Nela 80 for next season vs. the 88. I'd likely go longer. Once even the powder gets skied out, I prefer something narrower typically.

We just don't get snow even like 4 or 5 years ago. My husband has been teaching here (Nordic, then PM, then Snowbasin) for more than 30 years and says he'd ski blower, over the head powder weekly. We haven't had that for two years at Snowbasin. It depresses me to no end.

It's too bad Nordica wasn't there. The Santa Ana 84 is a ski that should be on your radar as a more versatile ski with a tip that is crud and powder friendly but a bit more squared off tail.

Do you ski during the week?

Very late followup -- is the Santa Ana 84 the old Astral 84Ti?

floatingyardsale

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw that! 24.5 and I'm not sure on the length. My current skis are 165 @ 97 waist and 161 @ 73, but the fatter skis have rocker and the carvers don't and I think they ski longer.

I'm also not sure if the Astrals would be too much like the carvers and I want to get better at bumps and ungroomed next season, assuming we get snow. They seem to have a flattish tail unlike the wider Santa Ana.

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
They do have flattish tails. They have the Santa Ana front rocker, but not so much in the back. I am definitely not one to be able to advise on bump suitability. LOL. I hope you will find the just right thing! :smile:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kenja 88's and Fischer 78's sounds like an excellent 2-ski quiver.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna