• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dealing with rosacea

judeb

Certified Ski Diva
I've always had sensitive skin, and recently got diagnosed with rosacea. Unfortunately cold, wind, and intense sunshine are some of the triggers that make it worse. I'd appreciate any tips from fellow sufferers about how to manage this. Is there a particular sunblock/skin cream that helps? Should I just resign myself to wearing a ski mask?

DvR

Certified Ski Diva
Hi there...I have rosacea and cannot use physical barrier sunscreens as they are just not strong enough to keep my skin protected even off the slopes. I use Anthelios Face Fluid Light SPF 50 with Mexoryl off slope and their milk on slope. Mexoryl is not available in the United States so I order it from a dermatologist in NY https://store.skincarelab.com/anthelios.html. This is what works for me and may not for you. I also use a prescription lotion and have regular laser treatments.

judeb

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the reminder about Anthelios. I bought several bottles a couple of years ago when I was in France. So frustrating that Mexoryl is still not cleared for sale here in the US.

DvR

Certified Ski Diva
Consumer Reports July 2019 rates La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Melt-in Sunscreen Milk number 1 with a score of 100.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly