• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

CW-X question

newboots

Angel Diva
I only have the endurance generator, so I can’t compare. They do feel good under snow pants, though!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I only have the Endurance Generator, but my mother has the Stabilyx which I think is more for joint support. I made my choice based on the fact that I had previously rehabbed muscle injuries but had no joint issues when I got them. My mother got the joint support because she wants to ski (and snowboard, which she took up last season!) until she is in her 80s and I suspect she is holding out for the seniors season pass discount/free skiing. Both of us find that we have less muscle discomfort after skiing with them vs without, which is not explained by a difference in pre-season fitness (in fact, mine was the worst it has been last season and I wasn't sore until I spent a day getting off the ground snowboarding).

BuckLup

Certified Ski Diva
I have skied in the Stabilyx Insulated 3/4 length ones for at least 10 years. LOVE them. I needed to size up and they got rid of the insulated version a few years ago, but supposedly are bringing them back this month. I have the Endurance Generator ones (not insulated) but haven't skied in them yet. I am a stickler for 3/4 length only for skiing. I am going out west on Jan 1 so will bring the Endurance ones with me. There are many good companies making compression gear but this was my original brand so am sticking with them.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I have used the Stabilyx for joint support since that's why I bought a compression tight..I think they are the best for what they do... assuming they fit you well. In my case I realized recently that I'm too short for them to provide proper support to the areas where support is needed. For example, their knee cutout doesn't exactly support my knee.

I agree about 3/4 length.

VTborn

Certified Ski Diva
I have used the Stabilyx for joint support since that's why I bought a compression tight..I think they are the best for what they do... assuming they fit you well. In my case I realized recently that I'm too short for them to provide proper support to the areas where support is needed. For example, their knee cutout doesn't exactly support my knee.

I agree about 3/4 length.
How tall are you? I am considering them for my knees but am only 5’3” so sometimes things like this are a little off.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I wore CW-X tights today for the first time. I purchased the full leg Endurance Generator Insulators. I was surprised how comfortable they were and my legs def didn't get tired. I am usually a medium but I'm a size 10 pant so I got the large knowing they would be tight. I'm 5' 6 ½"? ¾"? (I used to be 5'7" but I've shrunk). The knees lined up perfectly.Size may play a factor in lining up.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How tall are you? I am considering them for my knees but am only 5’3” so sometimes things like this are a little off.
I'm 157cm which I think is just short of 5' 2". I have the 3/4 length in size XS and they are fine, but I think the larger sizes go up in length as well as width. My usual inseam is around 28" (I assume this because I usually chop off about 4" on 32" length jeans!)

newboots

Angel Diva
I was looking at some on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09CGQM3TL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1&psc=1

Are these shiny? I hate shiny spandex-y tights like I used to wear running.
Also, sizing - I'm definitely an extra small but thinking about the small as I hate skin tight things..... only wear spanx under my long tight racerback dresses !
And are they warm? Isn't merino wool warmer ?
Compression tights are tight. As in hard-to-pull-on tight. Mine are somewhat shiny. Merino breathes better. It is super cold here at Diva East and I’m debating between a compression layer or not.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Compression tights are tight. As in hard-to-pull-on tight. Mine are somewhat shiny. Merino breathes better. It is super cold here at Diva East and I’m debating between a compression layer or not.
A compression layer and a merino wool? I saw something similar to CW X tights in St Moritz but they were not that shiny spandex-y fabric. Think the ones I posted above are shiny spandex? If so, I probably wouldn't like them.

MissySki

Angel Diva
A compression layer and a merino wool? I saw something similar to CW X tights in St Moritz but they were not that shiny spandex-y fabric. Think the ones I posted above are shiny spandex? If so, I probably wouldn't like them.

I have a pair that are not shiny and some that are. They are a baselayer though, so it doesn’t bother me. I wear them everyday that I ski, either alone or with a mid layer if necessary based on temperature.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have a pair that are not shiny and some that are. They are a baselayer though, so it doesn’t bother me. I wear them everyday that I ski, either alone or with a mid layer if necessary based on temperature.
Yeah. I'm a tactile person. It has to feel good. I wore spandex tights for decades doing aerobics. I'm over it. LMK if you see the compression tights in another fabric. The ones I posted above are probably spandex?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yeah. I'm a tactile person. It has to feel good. I wore spandex tights for decades doing aerobics. I'm over it. LMK if you see the compression tights in another fabric. The ones I posted above are probably spandex?
I don’t actually notice them throughout the day at all once on.. Except pulling up and down as needed haha. But yeah it has to feel good for you.

Sparky

Angel Diva
I have 6 pairs of stabilyx, that’s all I wear. I’m 5’3” and do have to pull them up just a tad to fit my knees.

I have both regular and insulated and I’d say the regular is a little shiny and the insulated ones seem to be less so.

When it’s really cold I wear my 3/4 icebreaker merino wool layer over them!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna