• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Crystal Mt, 15/16

Christy

Angel Diva
You have excellent taste in skis (we like the same skis!) ski buddies, and mountains! I have Santa Anas on the way, and of course like the Kenjas that I bought earlier, and am glad you decided the shorter BP's were better.
Did you ski any others?

I didn't even realize, until reading about them online this morning, that the Santa Anas now come into 2 sizes. I demoed and liked the 93s.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I didn't even realize, until reading about them online this morning, that the Santa Anas now come into 2 sizes. I demoed and liked the 93s.
Oh that's right! So, I'm getting the 100's. What length did you ski the 93?

Christy

Angel Diva
93, yes, I want to replace the BP so I want something that's fine on groomers (though not exclusively a groomer ski). I think I need to spend more time with this and the new BP, which has a different construction this year. While I liked the Kenjas I suspect they're going to end up being more work to ski. It's kind of hard to say because I skied them last when it was cruddiest, but they bounced me around a bit more than the others. And I'm still lusting after the Stockli Laser SC as a travel ski when I ski the hardpack at SV or in CO...

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Crystal has a new, female ski patrol director--Kim Kircher. I think @ski diva has written about her in her blog. In any case, I never really thought about what it means for a woman to have the job; as this article puts it, "Being the patrol director means managing daily 33 type A patrollers who all have a strong opinions on how to set up rope lines, move tower pads, run accidents, and pretty much open the mountain in the mornings."

Our New Crystal Mountain Patrol Director
ON MARCH 11, 2016 BY MICHELLE LONGSTRETH
kim_patrol.jpg

Kim doing what she does best!

I did write about her in my blog. You can find it here.

And she's actually a member of TheSkiDiva. :smile:

@Kim Kircher

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Crystal is a beautiful mountain! A very steep one too! Their single black diamond runs are steeper than most single black runs in Whistler in my experience. I am glad I got to ski with @Christy on Saturday! It was my last ski day of the season, it was beautiful weather and demos were fun too! I liked Kastle FX 95 (173 cm long) the best out of everything I demoed. I demoed Santa Ana in 169 and didn't like it, but it was probably too short for me. Also demoed Samba in 173 cm, didn't like them that much, but I skied them with my boots in walk mode accidentally, only discovered that when I was about to return them. Also 173 might be too short for me, not sure, but 173 cm is the longest they come in. I still like Brahma and Kendo. I skied Kendo in 177 cm and it didn't feel too long, but that was on groomers. I also demoed Dynastar Glory 90 in 173 cm and they were just ok, not bad but not amazing either.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna